Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

terraleon

Old September 16th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Hello!

I'm trying to create a custom template, and I'm running into an issu.

Racial Skill bonuses don't seem to be applied. I've used the bonus in the value field and the skill designation (skClimb) in the name field. I've also tried "Climb" but the bonus isn't showing up.

Any suggestions?

thanks,

-Ben.
terraleon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I'm sorry, could you please be more specific about where you're entering this? I'm afraid I can't figure out how you're trying to accomplish what you're trying to do.

To add a skill bonus, press the "Eval Scripts" button at the top right, add a new Eval Script, and change the phase to "Pre-Levels" and the priority to 4000.

Code:

#skillbonus[skClimb] += 4
Add a #skillbonus[skXXXXX] entry for each skill you want to grant a bonus to. In that example, it's a +4 bonus to climb.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
terraleon

Old September 16th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
I'm sorry, could you please be more specific about where you're entering this? I'm afraid I can't figure out how you're trying to accomplish what you're trying to do.
Of course! I'm using the editor, I'm in the template tab, and I have added a bootstrap for Racial Skill Bonuses.

So one field, beneath the bootstrap title is:

rPFSSSkill

then the value? field is 8,

and then the name field currently has skClimb in it.

Thanks!

-Ben.

EDIT: Using the eval script you noted works, but I'd like to see it work with the way I was trying, if possible.

Last edited by terraleon; September 16th, 2010 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Workaround success noted.
terraleon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 16th, 2010, 01:57 PM
I think the racial skill bonuses thing you were trying to add was specific to some race, so it would have had its own script that granted specific skill bonuses.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
terraleon

Old September 16th, 2010, 06:21 PM
The "Racial Skill Bonuses" bootstrap has no other label or field associated with it, so it's use for another race seems...unlikely, but I don't have the source to compare.

I would think one intended for a specific race would have a tag like the other race specific bootstraps-- the croc bonus, the perception in webs. That sort of thing. If not, how would I modify the bootstrap to do what I'm looking for here?

thanks,

-Ben.
terraleon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote