Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

thedarkelf007

Send a message via MSN to thedarkelf007 Send a message via Yahoo to thedarkelf007

Old October 21st, 2013, 02:36 PM
I add the page number after the tag

And I add a source snippet for each book referenced for that topic or article so it gets less confusing.

Working on - SW RPG d6 or add this source Update Souce and SW RPG FFG and More FFG SW not working yet
Author of Realms Works Guides
Blog writer at thedarkelf007.home.blog/
thedarkelf007 is offline   #11
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old November 3rd, 2013, 06:43 AM
I've got some of the D&D 3.5 Monster Manuals.

Putting all the monsters into RW would be a pain, put worth it. I hope things like that will be available. (I've not played Pathfinder, compared to D&D 3.5, how similar is it?)
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #12
Silveras

Old November 3rd, 2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod Beebledoc View Post
I've got some of the D&D 3.5 Monster Manuals.

Putting all the monsters into RW would be a pain, put worth it. I hope things like that will be available. (I've not played Pathfinder, compared to D&D 3.5, how similar is it?)
That's perhaps not really relevant to this discussion or this site.

However.. pretty similar. Skills were re-organized (some merged, one eliminated entirely)... those are the most noticeable changes. The schedule at which you gain feats is a little faster, making more difference the higher the creature's HD. The other is that things like Sunder/ Grapple/ Trip/ Overrun were combined into a single mechanic, a Combat Maneuver, that results in two new combat stats.. the Combat Maneuver Bonus and the Combat Maneuver Defense (think attack bonus and AC computed slightly differently for these moves). The 11 core classes got some upgrades; mostly, it was felt that the new classes in 3.5 had "raised the bar" and so the core 11 needed some boosts to match.

Beyond those, there are some subtle differences in wording that trip people up from time to time.

The intention is that you can still use your 3.5 books with Pathfinder (no promises the other way around, which some people have assumed was also true), although the Pathfinder Bestiaries convert most of the core monsters from the Monster Manuals and Fiend Folio (exceptions: Those no open content, or those the Pathfinder design team did not like enough). It is not much different from using 3.0 material in a 3.5 game.

There is a free PDF conversion document on the Paizo site that describes what changes you would need to make to convert 3.5 characters/monsters to their Pathfinder versions.
Silveras is offline   #13
Grey Mage

Old December 23rd, 2013, 12:09 PM
As the Year's End draws ever so close and the Realm Works site is now LIVE(!) is there any chance we will be hearing from the good people at LWD on datasets for RW in the near future???
Grey Mage is offline   #14