Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

adzling

Old February 1st, 2016, 06:04 AM
FYI read this thread:
http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/...?topic=23294.0

check out the freelancer who wrote the section on Adept Ways in the S.G.

New to me but apparently the Adept Ways do not count towards the maximum Qualities total in chargen.

Can you get this implemented please Matthias?

I'll post a bug report too.

thanks
adzling is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2016, 08:11 AM
Double-check which thread you linked to. That thread does not contain any official rulings, and I'm not even sure who you're saying made any semi-official post at all.
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old February 1st, 2016, 12:04 PM
It's there, the Freelancer "Mystic" wrote the section in the S.G. relating to Adept Ways, note his comments.

Basically Adept Ways should never be treated as "Qualities" in any sense at all.

I hate having to post this stuff here but the fact is that Catalyst has totally dropped the ball on any new errata for over a year now.

That and the editing of their products is horrific to start with.

sigh
adzling is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2016, 12:26 PM
There is nothing in Mystic's post there to say that his opinion should have any extra weight - those posts do not say that he wrote that section. Also, all he does is confirm other posts. There is not a written out revision of the rules that covers exactly what does change and what does not change. Without specific language, I do not know the exact effects of the ruling, so I don't know how to implement it - I don't know if I'm missing anything else or if the exact phrasing means something different from the way this thread interprets it.
Mathias is online now   #4 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old February 1st, 2016, 01:20 PM
Ok I'll ask for an official post on the matter.

I understand you not wanting to change things based on what could be random interpretations.
adzling is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old February 4th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
There is nothing in Mystic's post there to say that his opinion should have any extra weight - those posts do not say that he wrote that section. Also, all he does is confirm other posts. There is not a written out revision of the rules that covers exactly what does change and what does not change. Without specific language, I do not know the exact effects of the ruling, so I don't know how to implement it - I don't know if I'm missing anything else or if the exact phrasing means something different from the way this thread interprets it.
He wrote those sections and confirms his intent. Also, it makes sense they would be separate since they function by empowering a specific class/category and changing it -- its exactly the same way SURGE, CFD, and the virus change you. Admittedly, this one is more spiritual but it still locks you in to said path once the quality has been taken.
Polecat is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Thrawn21

Old February 5th, 2016, 02:02 AM
As it improves your character, like any other positive quality, it should count towards the positiv quality limit as it is one.
Thrawn21 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Polecat

Old February 5th, 2016, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn21 View Post
As it improves your character, like any other positive quality, it should count towards the positiv quality limit as it is one.
Only the author says it does not. And if the same logic applies than character's with SURGE and such should also be limited in this way, and they're not.
Polecat is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old February 5th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Yeah the author confirmed the intent that Adept Ways basically do not share any characteristics of Positive Qualities other than you pay karma for them.

They do not cost double post chargen and do not count towards your Positive Quality karma limit.

I'm trying to get Mystic to post this in a clearer fashion so Matthias can do something about it but right now the Srun tabletop forums are effectively down due to a malware insertion on their site that Catalyst has yet to do anything about.

It's really hard to fathom how these guys stay in business quite frankly.
adzling is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Alistair

Old February 5th, 2016, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adzling View Post
It's really hard to fathom how these guys stay in business quite frankly.
Captivity of niche markets.
Alistair is offline   #10 Reply With Quote