Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Jrandom

Old April 17th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Which file formats are going to be supported in Realm Works?

I am specifically interested in knowing for maps, character pics, and audio files (for mood).

Thanks!
Jrandom is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Jrandom

Old April 19th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Is this a secret? I am getting stuff ready for release and was hoping not to waste time with unsupported formats.
Jrandom is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old April 20th, 2013, 02:28 AM
I doubt it's a secret - we've already been told that RW is quite capable of handling "common image file types" which I take to include jpeg, bmp, tif and probably png file types (and probably a few others I haven't thought of: there is an explicit statement of this somewhere on this forum, but I don't have the time to find it right now). I haven't a clue about audio files, since it's a campaign information management tool, not a VTT, and there aren't likely to be many audio files that qualify as "campaign information", though I'm perfectly willing to be wrong.

Long and short: if you can view it in a web browser, RW can probably display it. If it's an obscure file type only used by a specific software application (such as raw fcc files for Campaign Cartographer), RW can't display it.

Now if someone can get the Campaign Cartographer viewer app to integrate with RW... Ooh, I'll be a happy chappy.
Chemlak is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Jrandom

Old April 20th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks Chemlak. How about PDFs?
Jrandom is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Nightfox

Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:51 AM
I understand that the image files will be pretty strait forward, but are we going to be able to import basic campaign information? One of the big selling points for me was having links between places, people, organizations, events, etc. I'd assume that the program would need the information in a readable text format, but which formats are supported? I'm building out a campaign right now and would prefer to have the files in a transferable format for the alpha wolf release.
Nightfox is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:27 PM
I think for text entries you've already made in other formats the idea was that you'd copy/paste the info directly into RealmWorks.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #6 Reply With Quote