Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 9th, 2011, 05:26 PM
cHelpWHA is for other classes that get full levels added. Rogue gets 1/2 levels, so it would not be listed there, it would fall under the part after "else"

Aaaand now you've confused me. Probably because I have 0 knowledge of Psionics, even less than my ToB knowledge.

Are you saying Power levels are like Spell levels and maneuvers are like spells?
Lawful_g is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
Golkiwu

Old February 9th, 2011, 05:45 PM
So keep the cHelpWHA in the script, and place the cHelpRog after "else" , correct?

As for the Psionics, I am newish to that as well. ToB is fairly straight forward. Regardless of the ToB class, each one gets access to certain "forms" (which we are not worrying about here as I only did the forms allowed by Sword Sage). Each "form" (there are 8) has a mix of Stances (which are usable all the time in combat, changeable as a swift action to other stances that are known) and Maneuvers (one time actions that are once a combat only use, with exceptions that allow their recovery like feats of class features). Each form has 9 levels, just like spells. Your initiator level dictates what level of maneuvers and stances you can chose from. So a 1st level Sword Sage can only chose 1st level stances and maneuvers. with the other classes contributing 1/2 their levels, a character (such as my rogue/Swashbuckler/Sword Sage 5/6/1) can choose from level 1,2 and 3 of the allowed stances and maneuvers of the allowed forms. The Sword Sage Level (or other ToB class) exclusively dictates the # of stances and maneuvers Known, chosen at the gain of the new ToB class level and are not (usually) changable once selected. A first level sword sage can only choose 2 stances and 6 maneuvers, regardless of the # of initiator levels gained by non-ToB classes.

Mathias had suggested to create the manuvers as Class Abilities, and the Maneuvers to get set up as psionics since it would be easier to differentiate these from the spells (and we dont use the psionics as they are in our game anyway). So using Psionics is just a mechanic for making the Maneuvers.

So yes, Power Levels are like Spell Levels, and Maneuvers are like spells.

Does this help?

Last edited by Golkiwu; February 9th, 2011 at 05:48 PM.
Golkiwu is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old February 11th, 2011, 06:06 AM
No, cHelpWHA is nothing, it is a placeholder representing the future classes you might add. Remove it.

cHelpRog is not needed after the else, it is already adding half levels from every class not specifically listed in the first part.

So what your problem is, is that the maneuvers require a certain spell level (or power level) to be available to add, and you need to translate the Initiator levels value into the correct max spell level? Is that correct?
Lawful_g is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Golkiwu

Old February 11th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Absolutely!

That is exactly it.
Golkiwu is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g

Old February 11th, 2011, 04:13 PM
I think the simplest way to do that is just to make all Maneuvers 1st level powers, and give each a expr req for the minimum Initiator level.

For example, if 2nd level Maneuvers become available at Initiator level 3, create all of the second level Manuevers as 1st level powers with the following expr-req:

hero.childfound[xInitiator].field[Value].value >= 3

Otherwise you'd have to go into the class helper with a script an modify an array to add different spell levels, but since it sounds like a hero can choose from any level Manuevers he qualifies for, if he came into the class late like your char, he might have only 3rd level powers, completely skipping 1st and 2nd. It's messy and there is no way to know when the user entered the class, so bah! I say try the above solution.
Lawful_g is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
Golkiwu

Old February 12th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I like simple, I will try that out.

Thanks again for all of your help.

That's Homunculus!
Golkiwu is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Snowpaw

Old February 21st, 2012, 03:38 AM
Anyone still working on this book?
Snowpaw is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
Greymore

Old February 22nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
Same question here. This is an interesting bunch of options for a specific flavor campaign. I would love to use it but the coding/scripting is still new to me.
Greymore is offline   #48 Reply With Quote
Snowpaw

Old October 23rd, 2012, 11:40 PM
Please tell me someone's still working on this...I REALLY want to be able to build a Warblade on my Hero Lab instead of using my book to create every possible build to find out which is superior for my character...
Snowpaw is offline   #49 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 24th, 2012, 04:02 PM
You might try PMing Golkiwu or seeing if you can find his e-mail, but I'm not aware of anything further related to this.
Aaron is offline   #50 Reply With Quote