Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

TobyFox2002

Old April 30th, 2016, 05:41 PM
TobyFox's Updates

Well ladies and gentlemen, my first update is here. This initial update is featuring some housekeeping changes and a small bug fix as well as some things I was working on for the files before RavenX handed them off to me. You may obtain the updates by entering the new update source link:

If you have never done this follow these instructions:

1. When you start Hero Labs look for the blue button labeled "Find Updates" at the right, CLICK IT.
  2. You'll see many sources and five blue buttons, find the one that says "Add Source", CLICK IT.
  3. CLICK new source and enter the link below
  4. If you have the link to RavenX's files, remove it. Updating from both will cause you issues.
Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sc0y77l9lv1z1uk/updates.xml?dl=1

Forgotten Realms (v3.0)

Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
(All *.user files)

Classes:
  • Red Wizard of Thay
Spells:
  • All Spells
Races (Monsters):
  • Rothe, Deep
  • Rothe, Ghost
  • Rothe, High
  • Tressym
Template:
  • Dracolich (Incomplete)
Players Guide to Faerun
Classes:
Hathran (cHelpHth)

Campaign (Ultimate Campaign Tab):
  • Building, (Specific): Halruaan Skyship
Skills:
  • Craft (rune) [skCraftRun]
Feats:
  • Initiate of Bane, Cyric, Gond, Helm, Ilmater, Lathander, Malar, Mystra, Nature, Selune and Tyr
  • Blessed of the Seven Sisters
  • Corrupt Spell (metamagic)
  • Favored of the Zulkir
  • Gift of Discernment
  • Innate Spell (metamagic) [Not Coded]
  • Lliira's Blessing
  • Spider Bite

A number of EPIC feats are included but hidden. These are added so there will be a uniqueID associated with each.

Spells:
  • All Spells - Most spells have been added to non-faerun classes. This is an experiment. If it goes well, I may create the same for the other books.
Magic of Faerun

All feats, spells, magic items, weapons, armors armor/weapon powers.

Metamagic:
  • Energy Substitution (metamagic)
Classes:
  • War Wizard of Cormyr (cHelpWaW)
Skills:
  • Perform (harp) [skPerfHarp]
  • Perform (lute) [skPerfLute]
  • Perform (mandolin) [skPerfMand]
These perform skills have been added for backwards comparability.

Unapproachable East

Feats:

• All.
Classes:
  • Telflammar Shadowlord [cHelpThf]
  • Thayan Slaver [cHelpThs]
Templates:
  • Blooded [tmFRBlooded]
  • Dread Warrior [tmFRDrWar]
  • Shadow-Walker [tmFRShWalk]
  • Telthor [tmFRTeltho]
Tags:
  • FRMagic.Weave :: Magic of the Weave (Mystra's Weave)
  • FRMagic.Shadow :: Magic of the Shadow Weave (Shar's Magic)
These tags will be used to indicate Weave/Shadow Weave spells and equipment. They are currently unused and how they are used is not yet been determined. Use at your own risk.

Dungeons and Dragons Conversion (v1.9)

This file is designed for compatibility issues with all of TobyFox2002's community files. It is required as a base for many spells that are required or referenced from inside individual Campaign Settings are not actually part of them. This file is not intended to continually add 3.0 and 3.5 Source-books to the mix. While it is possible that some classes will be added, if others are added they will be added as secondary *.user files. Additional d20 names, rules and house rule options may be added to this at a later time.

Added Precludes to hide Pathfinder names and replace them with 3.0/.5 names. At this time they are by default, turned on and cannot be turned off. In a future update I will impliment additional options.

Renamed Equipment
  • Apparatus of Kwalish
  • Heward's handy haversack
  • Iron Bands of Billaro
  • Quaal's Feather Token
  • Quiver of Ehlonna
Renamed Spells
  • Bigby's Spells
  • Drawmij's Spells
  • Evard's Spells
  • Eyebite (For Compatability)
  • Healing Circle (For Compatibility)
  • Leomund's Spells
  • Acid Arrow --> Melf's Acid Arrow
  • Mordenkainen's Spells
  • Magic Aura --> Nystul's Magic Aura
  • Otiluke's Spells
  • Otto's Spells
  • Rary's Spells
  • Sunbeam (For Compatibility)
  • Tasha's Hideous Laughter
  • Tenser's Spells
Ravenloft (v1.9)

Van Richten's Arsenal

Spells:
  • All
Feats:
  • Alchemical Philosopher feats.
Dragonlance (v1.4)
No change or updates have been made to these files.

Dark Sun (v. --)
No changes or updates have been made to these files.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dwayne

Old April 30th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Thanks for doing all the work. Everything loaded fine.
Dwayne is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
dereth66

Old May 1st, 2016, 02:41 AM
I have not tried this yet but i soon will, I love the forgotten realms been in them for a long time. So yes Thank you very much
dereth66 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 2nd, 2016, 07:33 AM
Error Message:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Feats.user (line 551) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('fStreetSma')

This conflicts with the feat "Street Smarts" in the Ultimate Intrigue package.
It was an error I first encountered when the Ultimate Intrigue package was released, and I thought i had seen it reported in the RavenX support thread, but I guess not.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old May 2nd, 2016, 07:42 AM
Separate issue:

I have some concerns about the "Dungeons and Dragons Conversion" entry in the first post. As I read it, these changes are included in the Forgotten Realms and other setting material as well, creating dependencies between the settings and these changes.

I do not wish to see replacements of core materials made, especially as it seems to be only in order to use the proprietary D&D names instead of the SRD names. I am not sure, but the SRD names exist because the proprietary names cannot be used, so this might even violate the license terms.

These error messages appear when loading the new FR materials:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

Thing 'ioElHorRe' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35Sunbe7' does not exist
Thing 'ioFRAnsHar' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35HeaCr5' does not exist
Thing 'ioFRGlChLa' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35HeaCr5' does not exist
Thing 'ioFROllHar' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35Eyebi6' does not exist
Thing 'ioFRWhClSp' - Bootstrap thing 'spSpidCli1' does not exist
Thing 'isFREntrap' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35OtiRS4' does not exist
Thing 'rFRTressym' - Bootstrap thing 'raFCOpImPo' does not exist
Silveras is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old May 2nd, 2016, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Error Message:

File: Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting - Feats.user (line 551) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('fFRStreeSm')

This conflicts with the feat "Street Smarts" in the Ultimate Intrigue package.
It was an error I first encountered when the Ultimate Intrigue package was released, and I thought i had seen it reported in the RavenX support thread, but I guess not.
I did not see that report, but then I had to go through alot of posts. I will fix this right away. In the mean time anyone who wants to fix this please change unique ID to: 'fFRStreeSm'. As that is what I will be using.

Gradually, I intend to convert the Unquie ID's of most items to include the "FR" prefix to prevent future issues, however doing so all at once would likely break things. I will probably create a duplicate file with the old ones to use for two or so updates until people have a chance to full switch over.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old May 2nd, 2016, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Separate issue:

I have some concerns about the "Dungeons and Dragons Conversion" entry in the first post. As I read it, these changes are included in the Forgotten Realms and other setting material as well, creating dependencies between the settings and these changes.

I do not wish to see replacements of core materials made, especially as it seems to be only in order to use the proprietary D&D names instead of the SRD names. I am not sure, but the SRD names exist because the proprietary names cannot be used, so this might even violate the license terms.

These error messages appear when loading the new FR materials:

Thing 'ioElHorRe' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35Sunbe7' does not exist
Thing 'ioFRAnsHar' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35HeaCr5' does not exist
Thing 'ioFRGlChLa' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35HeaCr5' does not exist
Thing 'ioFROllHar' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35Eyebi6' does not exist
Thing 'isFREntrap' - Bootstrap thing 'sp35OtiRS4' does not exist
That file is for two purposes, one the replacement of the new names with the more 3.5 names (many of which are integral to the story of faerun, ravenloft or dragonlance or other legacy settings). And the second is to include spells and abilities that are required for things in said settings but never included as part of those materials.

The items you indicated are all of the latter. I will De-Source them until I can break this into two sources, one for the optional "old-names" and one for the legacy content required for other books.

As for it being a violation. If thats the case I'll remove all of the old names entirely and maintain that separate from everything else. However, I though the community content was already separate from everything officially released.

In the mean time until I push a fix for this you can either leave it checked and adapt, or manually go in and de-source those items yourself.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 2nd, 2016, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 View Post
I did not see that report, but then I had to go through alot of posts. I will fix this right away. In the mean time anyone who wants to fix this please change unique ID to: 'fFRStreeSm'. As that is what I will be using.
Just an FYI once I fixed this error I then get:

Code:
Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'fFREpInsRu' on line 1
  -> Non-existent thing 'skuCrfWood' used by script
Looking into this you have linked your FR to a skill in the Basic Pack or now Pathfinder Pack.

I then removed that reference to the craft wood skill and I then got these errors:
Code:
Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Thing 'iFRArbSwAg' - Bootstrap thing 'xxImmPatte' does not exist
Thing 'ioFRHarpPG' - Bootstrap thing 'xxImmMagMi' does not exist
These are Things from the Pathfinder GM Pack.

In this case if a person does not have the community Pathfinder pack and your FR addon installed it will not load.

Just any FYI is all...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old May 2nd, 2016, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post

In this case if a person does not have the community Pathfinder pack and your FR addon installed it will not load.

Just any FYI is all...
I will create a folder with just the base packs and fix it so it works with just those.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
TobyFox2002

Old May 2nd, 2016, 10:06 PM
I have pushed a minor update to fix those problems with sourcing that you encountered.

I cleared through the unique ID conflcts, I think it should now run without the community packs.

The DnD Conversion file is STILL required however. I split that into two files. One that deals specifically with renaming. That I have placed under house rules so that the player or gm can choose to run with the default names or use the legacy ones. And a second file to include required 3.0 or 3.5 elements for Ravenloft, Dragonlance, and Forgotten Realms.

This is just the way I am going to do this. It is easier than creating things three different times to install with each of those packs. Furthermore it is very likely that the Ravenloft content will probably require the Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance and Conversion packs, simply because that is the universal DnD dumping ground for all things gothic (aka, Ravenloft is one giant crossover realm).
TobyFox2002 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote