Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Buzzin69

Old April 22nd, 2017, 06:27 AM
Out of curiosity, is anyone willing to share an export of their 5e spell lists? I am spending hours creating my campaign and, to be honest, the thought of ALSO manually adding all my spells is hurting my brain lol. I know there is the CSV import tool, and will use that most likely, but was hoping someone might be kind enough to post their spell list export instead lol..... any volunteers?
Buzzin69 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old April 22nd, 2017, 07:21 AM
Sharing 5E material might not be allowed, copy-write issues, be careful
ErinRigh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
meek75

Old April 22nd, 2017, 07:24 AM
As long as you stick to the free content under the open licence I think you'll be fine (not a lawyer though )
meek75 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Buzzin69

Old April 22nd, 2017, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinRigh View Post
Sharing 5E material might not be allowed, copy-write issues, be careful
Crap... I thought (rather hoped) that the spells were SRD... my bad. Thanks anyway... Guess I'll have to knuckle down after all lol.
Buzzin69 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 22nd, 2017, 12:48 PM
The spells from the srd will be included with the srd when it releases. There's quite a few of them but not all.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old April 22nd, 2017, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
The spells from the srd will be included with the srd when it releases. There's quite a few of them but not all.
Plus don't forget that the SRD renames a couple of spells, don't want to break any copyrights but spells with a names that rhyme with Igby, or any other famous mage were assigned a more vanilla name.

EDIT: This brings up a case to at least do some of the manual work and get really familiar with the interface - I've been building my own framework (I'm impatient, I've owned HL and RW much longer than my forum join date would suggest) and gotten used some useful keybinds - CTRL-SHIFT-A (for aliases and plural names), CTRL-SHIFT-R (for making stuff visible to player), etc.

Also, I've learned where my DM calls were wrong or I had an incomplete picture by being forced to proof-read. Always helps to improve yourself.

Last edited by dungeonguru; April 22nd, 2017 at 05:00 PM.
dungeonguru is offline   #6 Reply With Quote