Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

LWSchurtz

Old April 12th, 2017, 09:29 PM
First, I would like to say how impressed I am with Realm Works already. Thank you for your hard work on this excellent product.

However, I have a small request, one that doesn't seem like it should be too hard to implement. This does not appear to have been covered elsewhere, despite no small discussion of the calendar and timeline features.

When I go into the Timeline, even in Player View, it is fully populated, even with Date snippets that have not been revealed. That seems... odd. Wouldn't it be easy enough to create a Timeline viewable by players that only includes revealed dates?

In the future, of course, I think it would be nifty to have reveals that are player-account specific rather than general, whether for events or anything else, but for now, I'll settle for not having to choose between revealing the secret history of my world to players or not recording it at all.

Thank you!
LWSchurtz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old April 14th, 2017, 05:29 PM
I think people have largely ignored time-based things because there is no calendar system. This will be huge after calendar implementation
Bidmaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 14th, 2017, 06:08 PM
Terminology Check: Player VIEW or Player MODE?

I would not be surprised for it not to hide things in Player VIEW as the user is still the GM ... Player MODE would be more of an issue.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old April 15th, 2017, 10:23 AM
The feedback from my one and only player using RW is that he can only see what he is supposed to be allowed to see in Timeline.

This is using a player version of RW.

This is some months back and things might have changed with the recent versions (in which case you have uncovered a bug, that has snuck its way in).

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote