Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

daplunk

Old April 5th, 2017, 03:41 AM
Quite a few bug reports have been closed tonight.
Unearthed Arcana - Starter Spells added.

If anyone would like to test you can get the updated files HERE.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials

Last edited by daplunk; April 5th, 2017 at 05:14 AM.
daplunk is offline   #411 Reply With Quote
Conandy

Old April 6th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Not sure if this is where we are supposed to report errors or bugs, but the Spider Staff from Lost Mine of Phandelver is showing up as a +2 weapon, which it is not supposed to be.
Conandy is offline   #412 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old April 6th, 2017, 09:16 AM
Conandy:

You need to post this bug on the GIT site. Click on the 'D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault ' link in daplunk's posting above. Once you have posted this bug there I'll fix it.

I created the item for the community and don't know how I put a +2 in there. I was working from posted data since I don't have that module.

I have already fixed it on my end and as soon as you post it to GIT I'll upload the fixed version as a zipped file.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #413 Reply With Quote
Conandy

Old April 6th, 2017, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mergon View Post
Conandy:

You need to post this bug on the GIT site. Click on the 'D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault ' link in daplunk's posting above. Once you have posted this bug there I'll fix it.

I created the item for the community and don't know how I put a +2 in there. I was working from posted data since I don't have that module.

I have already fixed it on my end and as soon as you post it to GIT I'll upload the fixed version as a zipped file.
Thanks, Mergon. I filled out the bug ticket, I think. never used Github before.
Conandy is offline   #414 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 6th, 2017, 09:27 PM
It worked this now ensures its on our radar. While we do monitor the forums its quite often something we do adhoc and then forget about. Github makes the pack much easier to manage and many of us can work towards the same goal and keep track of our progress.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #415 Reply With Quote
Tomlan

Old April 7th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere. I'm having trouble getting skill proficiencies to select. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
This is my first time posting and I'm a little unsure of the process. Thanks, all.
Tomlan is offline   #416 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old April 7th, 2017, 07:59 PM
I was told to post a this feature request here.

I would like the ability to track how I EARNED down time in HeroLabs for DnD 5e Adventurers League play, not just how I SPENT down time.

I'm trying to use HL for my character sheet AND my AL log. What is hanging me up is downtime. It seems like the downtime tab is designed for logging the SPENDING of downtime. There doesn't, however, seem to be any way to log the downtime earned.

Right now I use the Downtime Journal to log the days EARNED. E.g. a typical journal entry is:

Title: DDALOS-05-12 Bad Business in Parnast
Game Date: blank
Real Date: 2017-02-20
Project: Adventurers League
Days: 5

At the top is will say, for examples, Days Spent 15 of 0.

It seems that what is expected is that I just type in the amount of Downtime required to complete the project. And that the downtime journal entries are supposed to log the activities completed to spend the downtime.

There doesn't, however, seem to be any way to log how I earned the downtime, which makes it rather useless for AL, unless I'm missing something.

Right now, It is much easier to just record everything on the paper log sheets and show that to the DM than to use HL for tracking this. I would rather that not be the case and am eager for any tips to make HL work for AL play.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #417 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old April 7th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Here? Downtime tracking is maintained and controlled via LWD. I would recommend logging a request to them via the following:

http://www.wolflair.com/redirect/bug...php?project=5e

If they specifically come back and say we can do it. Well that's going to be another issue as I personally wouldn't know where to start.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #418 Reply With Quote
eldamir

Old May 2nd, 2017, 11:18 AM
The Hero Lab Updater lists the last update to the Community Pack as 14-Dec-2016, but the Release page on Git shows "v1.8 February 12, 2017"

I've been doing a nightly git pull, so don't see a disconnect, personally, but my son's girlfriend just purchased HL and worried that she won't get the newest updates pulling from http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/5e/updates.xml

Any clarification would be awesome.

thanks
eldamir is offline   #419 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 2nd, 2017, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldamir View Post
The Hero Lab Updater lists the last update to the Community Pack as 14-Dec-2016, but the Release page on Git shows "v1.8 February 12, 2017"

I've been doing a nightly git pull, so don't see a disconnect, personally, but my son's girlfriend just purchased HL and worried that she won't get the newest updates pulling from http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/5e/updates.xml

Any clarification would be awesome.

thanks
Thanks I updated the date....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #420 Reply With Quote