Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AutoDMC

Old April 28th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Howdy.

I just started using Realm Works, and it's exactly what I've been wanting to use for GMing since I started.

I'm working on a campaign universe in Realm Works that I would eventually like to sell on the marketplace when that goes live.

However, I'll ALSO be using Realm Works to run a beta-testing campaign as I develop the universe.

From what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong), changes I make during game sessions for visibility, adding of topics, etc, would apply to the Realm I'm currently working on, yes?

What I'm wanting to do is have a "Core" Realm that just contains content I intend to publish, and a secondary Realm that exists for Game Night. That way if I reveal a snippet or add a snippet during the game, it doesn't remain "revealed" in my "Publish" version.

Is this possible? Or am I misunderstanding how the software works? Or is this something I'm going to have to wait for the market to come out to do?
AutoDMC is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 28th, 2014, 02:33 PM
From what I understand, that is an intended feature, but it is not possible yet.
EightBitz is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 28th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Here is Rob's quote from this thread: http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=48874

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
The way that you'll run multiple parties through the same realm is by entering the realm data once and then "sharing it" privately with yourself. Once it's been shared, you'll create two new realms and import the shared realm into each of them. At this point, the two new realms have copies of the original and can be played out independently of one another.

Everything here is designed to run through the sharing mechanism, since that way we can handle all the different ways users will want to use this. If someone is running two parties through the same realm simultaneously, he can do so. If someone else wants to run one party through the realm and then another at some later date, he can do so. Etc.

The critical detail here is that we need to having the sharing mechanism in place for all this to work. We don't have that ready yet.

If, after reading this, you still want the ability to do a full reset of a realm to nothing being revealed, that's definitely something we can do. Please post the request on the Feature Requests forum where other users can find and up-vote the request. That will help us prioritize this feature relative to everything else we have planned and that users are asking for.
EightBitz is offline   #3 Reply With Quote