Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

nlmacdonald

Old October 14th, 2018, 04:23 PM
I'm a trying my hand at the editor for character creation. I've been able to clone an existing Sorcerer build without problems. The clone uses the Sorcerer spell lists and can select spells without problem.

I tried the same with a clone of a Wizard build. I selected the uses Wizard spells and it is a spellbook type caster class. When I tested the class, I ran into problems selecting spells to add to the spell book. I get an error message when trying to add spells "The spell does not match the spell list of the class selected by this spellbook." Is there a setting that one must selected for a new class to allow it to use the spell list of an existing class.

Thanks
nlmacdonald is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 15th, 2018, 08:56 AM
Which game system is this? I'd guess Pathfinder, but it could be d20.

If you'd like, I can move it to the forum for that game system once I know which one - the User Projects forum is intended for users to coordinate work on projects and announce what they've been working on, and usually, coding help threads are in a game system's own section of the forum.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
nlmacdonald

Old October 17th, 2018, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the reply. It was for Pathfinder. I figured out what the problem was. In cloning a wizard, the spellbook assigned to the class worked with the "Wizard" type. I needed to replace the spellbook with something developed for the new class.
nlmacdonald is offline   #3 Reply With Quote