Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

hooly

Old June 20th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Has there been any further movement on a decision?
hooly is offline   #51 Reply With Quote
jcicolani

Old June 24th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Straw poll time then! To determine actual figures on the forum for a general view.

How many Hero Lab users use a tablet now for other things and what OS is predominate?

I have an iPad and iPhone. iOS!
Taking a straw poll now for tablets will only skew results. The iPad will win because, ATM, there are more out there (they got a head start). But in the past month or so we've seen a lot of Android tablets hit the Market. Starting with the Xoom, we also now have the Acer Iconica Tab, ASUS Eee Pad Transformer, and the Galaxy Tab 10.1. All of these devices are running Android 3.0 or 3.1, all are running the same processor, 16GB or better storage, same 1280x800 resolution... in short, very similar hardware platforms. And this doesn't include the upcoming releases from Dell and others (the 10.1 inch Dell Streak Pro is being released in China this summer and the US later this year) or 7 and 8 inch form factors by Samsung, Dell, B&N (the Nook Color) and others. (FTR: I work for Dell so have a slightly slanted view).

I personally own a Xoom and LOVE it! I also have an HTC EVO and have no plans of changing anytime soon. I'll be getting a Nook Color for my wife soon which will be rooted and loaded with Android 2.3 (3.0 runs on it, but is pushing its capabilities).

I could see there needing to be two flavors of HL for Android. One for tablets with the larger screen real estate and a reader version for smaller devices. That being said, Android 4 will be coming out at the end of the year and will, supposedly, merge phone and tablet development. We'll see.
jcicolani is offline   #52 Reply With Quote
krypt0nian

Old July 9th, 2011, 11:00 PM
The sales of the Android tabs continues to underwhelm. Factor in the low percentage of app sales compared to iOS sales, even though the Android Marketshare is higher. Given that along with the Mac version being completed speaks well toward an iOS version.
krypt0nian is offline   #53 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old July 11th, 2011, 05:03 AM
I have an Acer Iconia A500 and love it. Use it more than I use a computer (except for lately because I've been working on datasets.)

Android 3.1
AndrewD2 is offline   #54 Reply With Quote
Tom B

Old July 23rd, 2011, 01:39 PM
Rats. I've been away from the forums for awhile. I'm about to get a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and thought..."You know, it'd be great if Hero Lab is working on an Android app...maybe I'll go ask."

I'll keep my fingers crossed...
Tom B is offline   #55 Reply With Quote
EberronKnight

Old July 25th, 2011, 04:11 PM
Just got my Andriod Toshiba Thrive thanks to krypt0nian's suggestion.

Honeycomb ready for some Herolab.

EK
EberronKnight is offline   #56 Reply With Quote
bloodfang

Old July 28th, 2011, 06:52 AM
Some stats

"Breakdown by Google of Android devices in use by screen size. "Xlarge" is defined as any screen 7 inches or larger. By Google's count, only 0.9% of activated in-use devices are tablets. Multiply that by the 135 million total Android "devices" that Larry Page announced last week during Google's quarterly analyst call, and you get 1.21 million tablets. Compare that to the 28.73 million iPads Apple sold through the end of June."
bloodfang is offline   #57 Reply With Quote
Tom B

Old July 29th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EberronKnight View Post
Just got my Andriod Toshiba Thrive thanks to krypt0nian's suggestion.

Honeycomb ready for some Herolab.

EK
Just placed an order for a Galaxy Tab 10.1, myself. Looking forward to it...
Tom B is offline   #58 Reply With Quote
jjmgryphon

Old August 9th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I purchased a Asus Transformer and am loving it. I'm using a exported PDF character sheet for the moment but am looking forward to being able to have HL running on it to keep track of stats.
jjmgryphon is offline   #59 Reply With Quote
duhtroll

Old August 24th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I also now have a Transformer as of June. Running remote desktop for HL until they come out with Android support.

nudge nudge
duhtroll is offline   #60 Reply With Quote