Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Tom B

Old February 22nd, 2014, 08:04 AM
Is there any way to bring the ability to move licenses between machines more under the control of the customer? Just curious.

I seem to have problems every time this comes up. Maybe it's the 120 day waiting period being too long. It would be nice to be able to deactivate a license on one machine and activate it on another without having to go through e-mailing support.

If nothing else, it seems like 30 days would at least make the problem crop up less.
Tom B is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 22nd, 2014, 12:37 PM
I have no problem with having to send an e-mail.
How come you need to move a license so often?
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Tom B

Old February 22nd, 2014, 02:35 PM
Apparently my problem was in having forgotten there were two numbers, so when I "reactivated" it on my laptop, it deactivated my desktop. I went to the license management page, but found it confusing and didn't realize there were two separate numbers. In the past, though, I have had to move it from my normal laptop to a temporary laptop and then back, and there was confusion over which license and how frequently it was moved and I ended up unable to use Hero Lab on either machine until it was straightened out.

It just seems a very cumbersome process. It would be nice to have a central website where I could go and assign it however I wanted whenever I wanted, and that was more intuitive.

So, it's probably more my problem than anyone else's. I just seem to have a hassle about once or twice every year.
Tom B is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 22nd, 2014, 10:02 PM
A better way of handling this is on the "want" list. The hope is that we'll be able to resolve this and a number of additional "wants" later this year during an overhaul of the license management process (and website).
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote