Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Lkj

Old May 16th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Considering buying Hero Labs for a 5e game that we run online. Currently we use Roll20 as our platform but we use shared google docs for our character sheets.

Does HL allow exporting character sheets to a text format that would be editable on Google Docs? Even better-- has anyone developed an importer for bringing HL characters into Roll20? (I saw someone has done that for Fantasy Grounds)?

Thanks much for the info.

AD
Lkj is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lkj

Old May 16th, 2016, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lkj View Post
Considering buying Hero Labs for a 5e game that we run online. Currently we use Roll20 as our platform but we use shared google docs for our character sheets.

Does HL allow exporting character sheets to a text format that would be editable on Google Docs? Even better-- has anyone developed an importer for bringing HL characters into Roll20? (I saw someone has done that for Fantasy Grounds)?

Thanks much for the info.

AD
Oops. I accidentally started two threads. Thought the first one hadn't gone through.

AD
Lkj is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 16th, 2016, 04:40 PM
It's alright. We have to manually approve the first couple posts, so that is sometimes confusing to folk. You should have seen the spam we used to get on these forums before we started doing things that way though. It was like a plague of biblical proportions!
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
wurzel

Old May 22nd, 2016, 05:08 AM
I didn't know that you checked posts, maybe I just didn't think of it. But this is one of the forums with the lowest bullshit level I've ever seen so it seems you are doing a tremendous job. Thanks a lot for that.

DM: Tol'Uluk - game system independent homebrew world (so far AD&D 2, D&D3.5, Fate, Pathfinder, D&D5)
Tools: RW, CC3+, CD3, DD3, HL
RL: Retired senior IT manager. Now just housewife, grandma and fantasy author.
wurzel is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
CNYGamer

Old May 22nd, 2016, 06:05 AM
You can output a hero in plain text, HTML, BBCode, or Wikitext. You don't really get a huge amount of information. Here is a one of the characters being run in my D&D game output as plain text:

Quote:
Norros
Male elf revenant barbarian 4/rogue 1
Medium humanoid, chaotic good
--------------------
Armor Class 18 (shield)
Hit Points 48 (5 HD; 1d8+4d12+10)
Speed 30 ft.
--------------------
STR 14 (+2), DEX 16 (+3), CON 14 (+2), INT 10 (+0), WIS 12 (+1), CHA 12 (+1)
--------------------

Feats Resilient
Saving Throws Str +6, Dex +7 (Advantage against effects you can see), Con +6
Skills Arcana +3, Athletics +8, Nature +3, Perception +4, Religion +3, Survival +4
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 14
Languages Common, Draconic, Elvish

Actions
--------------------

Heavy Crossbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, range 100 ft./400 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d10+3 piercing damage.

Greataxe. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d12+2 slashing damage.

Silvered Weapon. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+2 slashing damage or 1d10+2 slashing damage if used with two hands to make a melee attack.

Unarmed Strike. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one creature.
Hit: 3 bludgeoning damage.

Warhammer. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1d8+2 bludgeoning damage or 1d10+2 bludgeoning damage if used with two hands to make a melee attack.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
System Reference Document 5.0 Copyright 2016, Wizards of the Coast, Inc.
It's not very much information, but it's certainly enough to cover the major points.
CNYGamer is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Lkj

Old May 23rd, 2016, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYGamer View Post
You can output a hero in plain text, HTML, BBCode, or Wikitext. You don't really get a huge amount of information. Here is a one of the characters being run in my D&D game output as plain text:

It's not very much information, but it's certainly enough to cover the major points.
Actually, that might be fine for game use. Thanks for that. Very informative.

AD
Lkj is offline   #6 Reply With Quote