Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Ladyofdragons

Old June 18th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyofdragons View Post
I'm finishing up rebuilding our gaming table to include an in-table monitor for display of D20pro, with a wireless pad to pass around for people to control their own characters on the map. We'll be trying out D20pro on its own on Friday with a quick run through "We Be Goblins". Also I just converted a module (The Six Griffons Haunt) to RealmWorks to give it a try at the table using a combination of RealmWorks, D20pro, HeroLab, and SirenScape for the following session.
Just wanted to post an update on this one, as my game table is complete. I know there was a "show off your game table" thread I remember reading, but couldn't find it. And I want to show this off.

Details on the table:
http://soverygeek.houseblacksun.org/...pg-game-table/

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old June 18th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyofdragons View Post
Just wanted to post an update on this one, as my game table is complete. I know there was a "show off your game table" thread I remember reading, but couldn't find it. And I want to show this off.

Details on the table:
http://soverygeek.houseblacksun.org/...pg-game-table/
This is what my next table will be like. Currently I use a projector on the ceiling. I like the projector but will prefer no shadows.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old June 23rd, 2016, 10:53 AM
I'm thinking about something like this. My brother has a garage full of carpentry tools and he and I are both pretty good at this sort of thing so I may put together some plans and see what we can do. The price of anything more than rough wood and plywood is going to get high though so I'll have to see if he has any ideas about scrap or such to keep the price down.

I think I'd put a lip around the edges to stop dice rolling off and allow for a cover over the TV so the table could be used for things other than the RPG. What size is that TV?

Also where did you put the power and data connections? I'd think the ideal data connection would be either a wireless data connection or a usb at one seat so you could plug in a laptop.
kbs666 is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old June 23rd, 2016, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
I'm thinking about something like this. My brother has a garage full of carpentry tools and he and I are both pretty good at this sort of thing so I may put together some plans and see what we can do. The price of anything more than rough wood and plywood is going to get high though so I'll have to see if he has any ideas about scrap or such to keep the price down.

I think I'd put a lip around the edges to stop dice rolling off and allow for a cover over the TV so the table could be used for things other than the RPG. What size is that TV?

Also where did you put the power and data connections? I'd think the ideal data connection would be either a wireless data connection or a usb at one seat so you could plug in a laptop.
There's a 1/4" plywood cover for the TV for those games not requiring it that brings it flush with the tabletop. I believe it's somewhere around a 38"-42" TV. it's been a while since I bought it.

The power connection is just a wire that leads over to a plug on the wall, along the floor. I'm using a Surface 3 tablet and Miracast to send data to the screen, I purchased a microsoft Miracast receiver that connects to one of the HDMI ports on the TV. I can probably transmit from my laptop using Windows 10 and a little bluetooth USB dongle, haven't tested that because I'm planning to use the dongle for transmitting Syrinscape to my bluetooth speakers. The TV has 3 HDMI connections available, so I can alternately run an HDMI cable directly to my laptop for display. If that becomes something we need more permanently I'll probably cut a hole on the facing in the DM area and mount a connector there.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
Pollution

Old June 29th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Deleted

Last edited by Pollution; February 17th, 2017 at 10:02 AM.
Pollution is offline   #45 Reply With Quote