Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Absintheminded78

Old February 18th, 2017, 03:03 PM
I hope this makes sense and I'm probably going to sound like an idiot here but I'm trying to "sort" topics that aren't in alphabetical order but by prefix. I'm probably not describing it in terminology that makes sense but an example of what I mean is in Snip1, where the Story of the Spire topic is above the Tower Ruins topic. I'm trying to enter a topic that I want to sit above my quests but unless I contain my quests under this topic it always goes to the end of the list (see Snip2). I'm sure I'm missing something simple.
Attached Images
File Type: png Snip1.PNG (52.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: png Snip2.PNG (13.3 KB, 23 views)
Absintheminded78 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 18th, 2017, 03:27 PM
I generally avoid this by having nothing but topics with prefixes under a particular topic. You could have the topic without the prefix at a higher level of the tree.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old February 19th, 2017, 08:30 AM
I might be misunderstanding but would it work to just put a space in front of the title of topic you want to shop up before the prefixed list?

Just tested and this does not work as RW gets rid of the space. Using a 0 works in the prefix of course but other characters still make it show up at the end.

I never realized it until now but RW allows you to put negative numbers in the prefix as well. These will also sort as expected going from the largest negative down to 0 and then increasing normally.

None of this probably helps but I learned something new myself because of it so thanks for asking the question.
Gord is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2017, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absintheminded78 View Post
I hope this makes sense and I'm probably going to sound like an idiot here but I'm trying to "sort" topics that aren't in alphabetical order but by prefix. I'm probably not describing it in terminology that makes sense but an example of what I mean is in Snip1, where the Story of the Spire topic is above the Tower Ruins topic. I'm trying to enter a topic that I want to sit above my quests but unless I contain my quests under this topic it always goes to the end of the list (see Snip2). I'm sure I'm missing something simple.
This is the exact purpose of the Further Information category. If you create a topic based on the Further Information category and make that topic a child of another topic, it will always appear BEFORE all other children. You can have multiple Further Information topics, and they will all be grouped together first, followed by all the other child topics.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Bidmaron

Old February 21st, 2017, 04:11 AM
How are the further information topics ordered?
Bidmaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 21st, 2017, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
How are the further information topics ordered?
Some quick experimenting says the normal ordering rules apply.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 21st, 2017, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post
Some quick experimenting says the normal ordering rules apply.
Correct. They just go into their own grouping before all other children.
rob is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Absintheminded78

Old February 21st, 2017, 01:21 PM
Ah! Thanks Rob. I changed the Topic category to Further Information (I had it set as General Topic) and now it's working as I want!
Absintheminded78 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Gord

Old February 21st, 2017, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
This is the exact purpose of the Further Information category. If you create a topic based on the Further Information category and make that topic a child of another topic, it will always appear BEFORE all other children. You can have multiple Further Information topics, and they will all be grouped together first, followed by all the other child topics.
Thanks for pointing this out Rob. I'm sure I new about it before but never used it at the time. Too many features, too little time, and too many old brain cells.
Gord is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old February 21st, 2017, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gord View Post
Thanks for pointing this out Rob. I'm sure I new about it before but never used it at the time. Too many features, too little time, and too many old brain cells.
Maybe you did but I sure didn't. Which has given me an idea.

my Realm Works videos
kbs666 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote