Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 2nd, 2009, 09:34 PM
In the Dark Heresy game, a character's race is the type of world/environment the character grew up on (feral, civilized, on a ship, etc.). Some of the choices are specific named worlds, but for the choices that reflect generic environment types, it would be nice if the user could rename the race selection to the specific world they came from. I'd also like a way to define each race as re-namable or not (presumably a tag that would control some of the visual elements).

I noticed the "usernamable" option on components, but didn't see any obvious effect of setting that to "yes". I'm using a chooser to select race - is there anything I need to modify to allow a renamable race?

The other option I can think of is to put a field on the personal tab where the user can enter their homeworld's name, and just have the race chooser's chosen script use that if it exists.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 20th, 2009, 02:34 AM
The "usernamable" attribute on components allows users to rename a pick that derives from that component. You can see this in action for arcane powers within the Savage Worlds files. Simply right-click on a power after you add it. The topmost option on the menu is to rename the item, and the new name is shown whenever the "name" field is referenced.

Unfortunately, the renaming is only possible for picks within a table. You cannot rename a pick within a chooser.

Consequently, your alternative option is probably best in this instance.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote