Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EdSteiner

Old January 14th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghstgry View Post
Doesn't have scythed wheels in new rulebook.
What units does not have it? Need details, details man
EdSteiner is offline   #91 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old January 14th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuuut View Post
Just a small one. Minimum unit size of black orcs is 10+ and not the current 5+.
Fixed for 2.52
EdSteiner is offline   #92 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old January 14th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdSteiner View Post
What units does not have it? Need details, details man
Ok suspect that you might be talking about Grom the Paunch, and on his entry it list including Grom Chariot pulled by three wolfs including niblet. If you look at O&G pg 107 for the entry on wolf chariots you will see that Scythed Wheels are default. It would be taken that the only difference with Grom's is that it has three wolfs and also Niblit, but would default to Scythed Wheels as per normal.

But if we are not talking about Grom, then details, details, details
EdSteiner is offline   #93 Reply With Quote
EdwardQ

Old February 12th, 2013, 11:11 AM
When "Forbid Special Characters" is selected. Skarsnik and Grom the Paunch is still show.
EdwardQ is offline   #94 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old February 12th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Fixed for 2.53
EdSteiner is offline   #95 Reply With Quote
naloth

Old March 16th, 2013, 06:33 AM
When you take multiple goblin chariots, it does not increase the quantity of crew or steeds unlike when you take a unit of TK chariots. This may be a design choice, but it seems inconsistent with the way that you handled other chariot units.
naloth is offline   #96 Reply With Quote
naloth

Old March 16th, 2013, 06:48 AM
When you add an Orc Bully to a war machine crew, it does not look like it is adding an extra wound to the machine profile.
naloth is offline   #97 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old March 16th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
When you add an Orc Bully to a war machine crew, it does not look like it is adding an extra wound to the machine profile.
Fixed for 2.55, I will have to also use the same code on all other races WM as they still use the older coded method of the crews wounds as well vs 8th now as just counters
EdSteiner is offline   #98 Reply With Quote
EdSteiner

Old March 16th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
When you take multiple goblin chariots, it does not increase the quantity of crew or steeds unlike when you take a unit of TK chariots. This may be a design choice, but it seems inconsistent with the way that you handled other chariot units.
Yes, I agree it is, however this is due to some code logic that will now bug me like the Banner of Swiftness that was not modifying the Mv of mounts or Chariots, which we have now fixed for the next release.

To make a short answer it has to do with the values of the 2 chariots upgrade for 5 pts each, if you select the crew you can add an extra crew for 5 pts, same with the wolves, now to do this you must selected the crew or wolves line in your roster much like how you select a char or unit to give them options, it is just in the case you can increase the '+' add one for 5 pts.

I will also drop this to some other code experts to see if we can make a better method.
EdSteiner is offline   #99 Reply With Quote
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old March 16th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Fixed for 2.55, I will have to also use the same code on all other races WM as they still use the older coded method of the crews wounds as well vs 8th now as just counters
When I created the file, this wasn't exactly an oversight, I just let number of models show wounds. But I can see your point.

Quote:
Yes, I agree it is, however this is due to some code logic that will now bug me like the Banner of Swiftness that was not modifying the Mv of mounts or Chariots, which we have now fixed for the next release.

To make a short answer it has to do with the values of the 2 chariots upgrade for 5 pts each, if you select the crew you can add an extra crew for 5 pts, same with the wolves, now to do this you must selected the crew or wolves line in your roster much like how you select a char or unit to give them options, it is just in the case you can increase the '+' add one for 5 pts.

I will also drop this to some other code experts to see if we can make a better method.
I'll look into this. This was an oversight.

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #100 Reply With Quote