Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Farling

Old March 18th, 2019, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janrith View Post
It would be bit of overkill, but I could write an SSIS package to read the excel file and generate the stat blocks. I was hoping for something a little more lightweight though

Maybe I'll whip up a configurable console app or something...

Thanks.
TBH, I think that LWD aren't using Stat Block snippets any more because they aren't as accessible as was first hoped. Instead they put the formatted character stat block into a text snippet.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is offline   #491 Reply With Quote
Janrith

Old March 19th, 2019, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Running version 2.3.0.0, when I open a project file, the Importer becomes unresponsive. I've left it running for up so 20 minutes and finally had to kill the process.

Is this a known issue?
Has anyone else experienced this issue? My workaround is to just re-create the definition whenever I open the importer, but it would be nice to be able to load a project file.

I did notice there were no obvious memory, resource or handle leaks while it is in this state, although the I/O read count gets astronomical (in the order of 100s of millions), while the I/O bytes read never moves.

Farling, does QT generate PDB symbols? If so and you'd be willing to share, I could run this under NTSD and see if I can tell what it's spinning on; it seems like a resource wait of some kind...

Thanks.

-=Janrith
Janrith is offline   #492 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 19th, 2019, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Has anyone else experienced this issue? My workaround is to just re-create the definition whenever I open the importer, but it would be nice to be able to load a project file.
I will have a look this weekend. I admit I haven't used the save project option recently.

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Farling is offline   #493 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 19th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Hi there! Wanted to retry an import - same for me 2.3.0 open project seems to freeze the program - at least for the moment

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #494 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 19th, 2019, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
Hi there! Wanted to retry an import - same for me 2.3.0 open project seems to freeze the program - at least for the moment
Was it working in 2.2 ?
Or what was the last version in which it was working

Also, did you save the project in 2.3, or save in an earlier version and try to open in 2.3 ?

Farling

Farling is offline   #495 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 19th, 2019, 04:58 PM
I *think* it was working previously.
A separate file saved with 2.3 also does not seem to load.
The file is not readably with notepad++ for exmaple, can I recognize the file version of it somehow?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
Acenoid is offline   #496 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 20th, 2019, 03:49 PM
Version 2.4.1 is out

This is a bug-fix release which fixes the problem with Save / Load Project.

The saved project information was not sufficient to restore the data properly. In particular, if a section had the same name as a snippet (e.g. "class skills"). I guess that I was lucky in picking the "Class" topic type to do the testing, otherwise it would have taken a lot longer to find the problem.

(My apologies for fixing it earlier than I originally planned.)

Farling

Last edited by Farling; March 20th, 2019 at 03:55 PM.
Farling is offline   #497 Reply With Quote
Janrith

Old March 20th, 2019, 11:18 PM
Thanks Farling.

I installed 2.4.1 and opened my latest project, but received the following error message:

RWTopic>> failed to find RWContentsItem for ":"

Additional issues:

1. My Notes column is being incorrectly attributed to the Spell's Name; none of the other column mappings are present.
2. The reveal settings for each snippet are lost.
3. The Parent article(s) as created in the project are missing.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems something is still wonky...

-=Janrith
Janrith is offline   #498 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old March 20th, 2019, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Thanks Farling.

I installed 2.4.1 and opened my latest project, but received the following error message:

RWTopic>> failed to find RWContentsItem for ":"

Additional issues:

1. My Notes column is being incorrectly attributed to the Spell's Name; none of the other column mappings are present.
2. The reveal settings for each snippet are lost.
3. The Parent article(s) as created in the project are missing.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems something is still wonky...

-=Janrith
Darn, more testing required.

Are the issues you reported related to what the tool is like after loading a project, or even immediately after launching the tool?

Also, was the "RWTopic>>" message from loading a saved project from an earlier version of the tool? Earlier saves aren't compatible with the format used by 2.4.1

Farling

Farling is offline   #499 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old March 21st, 2019, 02:45 PM
Hi Farling!

Is it possible somehow to get the rw importer to update my topics in rw? At the moment it will always create a duplicate topic tree correct? (its no problem - just wanted to know if iam missing something)

Acenoid is offline   #500 Reply With Quote