Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Logos

Old April 29th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Well I ran my first Realm Works adventure on the weekend. I ran a laptop with a usb monitor so that I could have Realm Works on one screen for GM content and Hero Lab on the USB screen so that I could manage monsters and NPCs. I would then put the player view up on a projector. I think a 50" TV would have worked just as well.

It went pretty well except for 2 things.

They really wanted an interactive map that I could place PC and Monster/NPC tokens on. Some of them used a system like roll20 before and they wanted to see something similar to that on the player view map. At the very least a way for me to place unique graphic tokens so that we can track and control movement through player view on grid map. They did not necessarily need control of any icons as they thought telling me where they wanted to have their Icon placed was good enough. I tried doing this using pins but it did not work very well as their was no way to set each pin apart. Note that using laser pointers here worked great.

My other problem is that they wanted to be able to view the revealed content on their laptops and interact with it. Namely private chat with the GM and the ability, if they had their own tokens, to manipulate on the Player view map.
Is there a way to share a session somehow so that they can view the player view? I think that something like this is a coming soon feature correct?
Logos is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old April 29th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Those are all VTT functionalities. RW is not a VTT in itself, but I know that interaction with existing VTT tools from other software developers are on the list.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #2 Reply With Quote