Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

mattmcd31

Send a message via Yahoo to mattmcd31

Old June 20th, 2011, 08:25 AM
LD is incorrect on both the TK Skeleton Archers Master of Arrows and TK Skeleton Warriors Master of Arms. It's hsown as 3 but it should be 5 like the rest of the unit.

General irregularities

If I add the Dragonsbane Gem and any armor that grants a WS I don't get the 2+*/x+ WS. It only shows the Armor WS.

It seems to grant the 6+ Parry WS even if I have a magic weapon?
mattmcd31 is offline   #131
UltraPrime
Volunteer Data File Author

Send a message via MSN to UltraPrime

Old June 28th, 2011, 10:08 PM
Sorry I've not been around here much lately, busy time of year. However, don't worry - work is progressing on files

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #132
Easystreet

Old July 11th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Mark of Tzeentch + shields & 1hw should be 5+ ward save but in army builder it says 6+

If you add just the shield it says 6+* I assume the * is for the parry rule.

If you add Mark of Tzeentch to that unit it changes to 6+. It should change to 5+* again the star is for the parry rule.

IMO.

Jason
Easystreet is offline   #133
UltraPrime

Old July 11th, 2011, 11:18 PM
The Mark of Tzeentch is causing me the biggest headache! This is pretty much the reason there haven't been any updates recently - the solution to this just won't present itself. Anything I try causes problems elsewhere....

If you can keep your head while all about you are loosing their's, then you have probably completely misunderstood the situation.

WFB Armies: High Elves (4,500), Orcs & Goblins (6,000) and Daemons of Chaos (6,000)
40K Armies: Ultramarines (6,500), Blood Angels (7,000), Dark Angels (4,000), Imperial Guard (3,500), Orks (4,500), Tyranids (4,000), Dark Eldar (2,500) and Tau Empire (2,500)
UltraPrime is offline   #134
Easystreet

Old July 12th, 2011, 10:23 AM
If its problematic can we get the * to put a note in the Option Footnotes section?

IE - Any time somebody adds shields + mark of tzeentch a 6+* appears under WSv and then adds a note to the footer

Mark of Tzeentch & Shield - In close combat Parry rule is in play and the Unit has a 5+ ward save to frontal attacks. All other WSv are made at a 6+

Just a suggestion

Jason
Easystreet is offline   #135
Psycho-Joe

Old July 13th, 2011, 11:26 AM
after the new datafile, there comes no failure-warning when you choose a grail reliquae without having a knight with grail vow in your army.
it's not so dramatically if you know it but if you forgot to take the vow, you should be not allowed to take the reliquae. i thought in the previous version there was a failure warning.

Joe
Psycho-Joe is offline   #136
UltraPrime

Old July 13th, 2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho-Joe View Post
after the new datafile, there comes no failure-warning when you choose a grail reliquae without having a knight with grail vow in your army.
it's not so dramatically if you know it but if you forgot to take the vow, you should be not allowed to take the reliquae. i thought in the previous version there was a failure warning.

Joe
Will get that sorted. For the record, there was never an error message.

UltraPrime is offline   #137
Spazz

Old July 14th, 2011, 03:53 AM
It doesnt seem that the latest files are recognizing the new army composition rules. In the main book there is a side bar that states that armys with older army books (not O&G or Tomb Kings) should use the army selection rules in this book , not the one prestented in the army book. Also the errata for the armies i have checked says that the composition rules in the main rule book over ride the army book. This came to my attention after playing a 2500 point game against a high elf army containing 3 bolt throwers. which according the main book is not "legal". I hope this hasnt been covered ,if so please point me to the post.
Spazz is offline   #138
Mr_Rose

Old July 14th, 2011, 04:03 AM
Have you read the High Elf FAQ? Because that would be the key here.
Quote:
Page 89 – Choosing an Army
Add “Elite Army
The High Elves are few in numbers, but their armies are
trained and equipped to standards so high that they are the
envy of all other races. To represent this, an army may include
up to 6 of each Special choice (up to 12 in a Grand Army) and
up to 4 of each Rare choice (up to 8 in a grand army).”

Click here to get 2.25GB of DropBox cloud storage free!

I've always wondered about the first person that saw a lobster and said, "You know what? I'm going to eat that."

Last edited by Mr_Rose; July 14th, 2011 at 04:07 AM.
Mr_Rose is offline   #139
Spazz

Old July 14th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Ahh i did read it but apparently not thoughly enough thanks for pointing ths out.
Spazz is offline   #140
Closed Thread