Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Barwickian

Old March 29th, 2014, 04:35 AM
As subject.

Examples:

I'm running a Rise of the Runelords campaign. I can see putting quite a bit of Varisia and Golarion background whcih would be useful for running other Adventure Paths or my homemade freeform campaigns.

Or Traveller's Spinward Marches - I'd be using similar baseline info on the Third Imperium and the Marches for The Traveller Adventure and the Ancients series.

I don't want to have to input all the background, field by field, into multiple realms.

Is it possible to create a master realm to hold the common background of the gameworld, exporting the data into specific applications of that gameworld (ie, individual campaigns)?
Barwickian is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Portilis

Old March 29th, 2014, 11:12 AM
From my understanding this is part of what will be offered eventually with the cloud service. You'll both be able to purchase RW versions of pre-written campaigns, and be able to have a content template you can drop into your realm with ease.
Portilis is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 29th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Once we get content sharing into place, you also be able to "share" content with yourself. At that point, you can create a master realm with lots of information in it and then "share" that realm to yourself as the foundation for new realms. That capability is not yet in place, and there's no way to "share" information across realms until we get that implemented later this year. But it's definitely coming.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Barwickian

Old March 29th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Thank you. I'll look forward to that feature.
Barwickian is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
chava

Old April 1st, 2014, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Once we get content sharing into place, you also be able to "share" content with yourself. At that point, you can create a master realm with lots of information in it and then "share" that realm to yourself as the foundation for new realms. That capability is not yet in place, and there's no way to "share" information across realms until we get that implemented later this year. But it's definitely coming.
Want so so much!

Glad to hear it will be that 'easy'
chava is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
lifer4700

Old April 2nd, 2014, 04:25 AM
+1

Extra characters added to comply with forum rules
lifer4700 is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Perverseness

Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:18 AM
SO need this for World of darkness. Doing WoD setups for real places for mixed campaigns is tons of data entry. The greater Houston Area has 6mil people and by my count about 6k of them should be some form of non-mundane. Even just dropping that many place holders is rough
Perverseness is offline   #7 Reply With Quote