Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun

Notices

Acenoid

Old May 7th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Hi there!

Iam a player who is currently part of a SR3 group and also hosting a game from time to time as (new) GM

I have some questions about SR and HL:

If I'm not mistaken SR3 is not supported by HL correct?
Are there user files out there?
If I'm correct, I oculd create "any" kind of system with the authoring kit, is that correct? However it means learning a completely new scripting language as well as hacking in all the SR3 reference data (gear etc). Probably a quite a time consuming process.

Actually I have SR5 books as well but the groups won't switch to the latest version because we have all the material of version 3 present. Also I am still learning SR3 and playing with SR5 would probably confuse me :P
Acenoid is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 7th, 2014, 03:54 PM
If you have any C++ experience, XML isn't too hard to learn in terms of syntax and language. SR3 is not currently supported by HL but you could build it in the Authoring Kit (if you're willing to spend the time doing so. I will warn you, it is a long process if you're doing it alone).

If I am not mistaken, SR3 used the Priority System for character creation, which should be the same, if not very close to, SR5 (SR4 used it as well in the Runner's Companion).

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
nylanfs

Old May 7th, 2014, 05:32 PM
You can also look up a program called NSRCG The Interim Shadowrun Generator.
nylanfs is offline   #3 Reply With Quote