Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old July 10th, 2017, 03:55 AM
Exalted Progress Report: July 10th 2017

I have attached 2 pdfs showing how far along I have gotten the output for the sheets for Exalted.

I am nearly done with this project now.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Flowing Emerald sheet.pdf (121.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: pdf Flowing Emerald scroll of details.pdf (18.4 KB, 6 views)

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
jfrazierjr

Old July 13th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
Exalted Progress Report: July 10th 2017

I have attached 2 pdfs showing how far along I have gotten the output for the sheets for Exalted.

I am nearly done with this project now.
I must say, I quite like that. I have never played Exalted, but played V:tM many years ago so am at least a bit familiar with the system.

One thing I would say is that the Social Combat section looks a bit cramped. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it might make sense to move them to the first column under Armor as it appears to be slightly wider. If that's not the case, then I don't know what to suggest other than perhaps abbreviation of the attack types(assuming anyone cares what I think) or having it span a wider area on the sheet somewhere.
jfrazierjr is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 14th, 2017, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrazierjr View Post
I must say, I quite like that. I have never played Exalted, but played V:tM many years ago so am at least a bit familiar with the system.

One thing I would say is that the Social Combat section looks a bit cramped. Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it might make sense to move them to the first column under Armor as it appears to be slightly wider. If that's not the case, then I don't know what to suggest other than perhaps abbreviation of the attack types(assuming anyone cares what I think) or having it span a wider area on the sheet somewhere.
I may move it to the second sheet to be honest. It would have a wider column to work with. Social combat has always been needing its own sheet. The sheets white wolf put in the exalted books were very inefficient.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 15th, 2017, 06:29 AM
Quote:

Also keep in mind that I was going for functionality and there was a lot of data from the Core Rulebook to cram into Hero Lab. It has taken me awhile to hammer the skeleton file into this format. I do think moving it to the second page is likely to happen though, once I have some time to tinker with it a bit.

RavenX is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
TaylorBland

Old July 18th, 2017, 03:10 PM
i like this a lot. thanks. keep it up.

Oh, is it going to be in the World of Darkness files or is it separate?
TaylorBland is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 19th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorBland View Post
i like this a lot. thanks. keep it up.

Oh, is it going to be in the World of Darkness files or is it separate?
This is completely Separate, Taylor. WoD and Exalted are no where near compatible systems. I'm currently working on Power Armor from Wonders of the Lost Age, which is one of the larger differences between the systems. I've had to work with gizmos and remember a lot of things Mathias taught me years ago to get this part hammered out and its taken many days of hammering.

The core files for Exalted are done. I have been tinkered with sheet output a lot. Unfortunately I can't just move the Social Combat table to the left side of the sheet either. The Language list pops out on that side, but the sample character I uploaded had yet to select languages (player's fault for not telling me what languages the character knew). Plus the tables have to have some room to move down if the player adds craft skills.

In regards to the WoD files... I could probably hammer out a new WoD file for Chronicles of Darkness pretty easily based on what I've done here. But I'd rather finish the mechanics for Exalted and its supplemental books before I tackle such a thing. I just got done hammering gizmo output on the forms for weapons and armor this morning.

RavenX is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 19th, 2017, 05:23 PM
And now I can say I am done with Power Armor... that was a challenge.

RavenX is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old July 23rd, 2017, 03:16 PM
Working on Warstriders now. This is going to take some time...

RavenX is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old August 14th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Progress Report: August 14th, 2017
Implementation of Exalted Types that is done:
Solars, Lunars, and Dragon-Blooded.
Jadeborn, Dragon Kings, Mortals, Heroic Mortals, Gods, Demons, and Elementals are done.
Most of the data from the Books of Sorcery is accounted for.

RavenX is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old August 14th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Quote:

The attacks on the back of the sheet were widened out, so weapons already benefit from this now. Social Combat has yet to be moved but it is on the to-do list once time permits. My players said they prefer functionality right now, and the straw poll held at my game they voted for adding more content. I'll try and get the Social Combat table moved over sometime as soon as time permits. I just finished the Lunars and Dragon-Blooded this weekend.

RavenX is offline   #30 Reply With Quote