Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

mxyzplk

Old August 6th, 2010, 08:09 PM
If this is in another thread I can't find it, saw some references to it in the Paizo thread...

I was using both the addon .user files from d20pfsrd and also had made one of my own.

1. When I start Hero Lab, there is an error:
Source s20PFCamp - Reference to non-existed parent source "Sources"

2. If I open my custom .user file and try to test it, I get that same error.

3. If I open an old character with any of the custom stuff in it there's a buttload of errors - even though I already downloaded the "new" versions from d20pfsrd.org.

How can I fix this?
mxyzplk is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 6th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxyzplk View Post
If this is in another thread I can't find it, saw some references to it in the Paizo thread...
The thread called Sources is several pages with good tips about this issue.

Quote:
I was using both the addon .user files from d20pfsrd and also had made one of my own.
Did you mark your own .user file to use the Pathfinder Campaign Sd20 as that is what s20PFCamp is. Though the funny part is that is the source I made for my own games House Rules. Still wondering how how my house rules files got all over the place. Also look to see if you have a Shadowd20.user file as that should just be removed.

Quote:
1. When I start Hero Lab, there is an error:
Source s20PFCamp - Reference to non-existed parent source "Sources"
Yep its another source issue. See THIS post for the fix which you will have to do manually as its not one of the d20pfsrd files causing the issues.

Quote:
3. If I open an old character with any of the custom stuff in it there's a buttload of errors - even though I already downloaded the "new" versions from d20pfsrd.org.
Yep the issue is attached to the Sources issue. See THIS post for how to fix this issue.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
mxyzplk

Old August 7th, 2010, 05:10 AM
Hey man! I found that Sources thread after I posted, and messed with it a bit. My personal .user file doesn't have "parent=" anywhere within it.

And I have no idea how to tell my .user file to "use Pathfinder Campaign Sd20". I'm new to Hero Lab; basically I went to Tools... Launch Editor, added some languages and a race, compiled it, saved it, and was using the stuff in it in HL. My file doesn't show up in the checkbox selections for sources under "configure your hero," but since it was just working before I didn't mind.

I had set all the other .user files as part of the default loadout, already, so I think they're OK. In fact, after a lot of just random loading and saving and restarting last night, all the errors from the d20pfsrd files are gone, and the only remaining error is that when I load many of my previous characters, I get a popup with:

"One or more required sources are not accessible...<etc>
Critical information not found in data files: Source Volume 's20PFCamp'"

I assume this is from my own .user file but it has no parent=, no reference to s20PFCamp, or anything like that - inspecting the XML, the only bit of it that's not just an element definition is an author name, and I added that last night as I was seeing if "change save and compile" would fix me.

And I have no Shadowd20.user file. I did a Windows Search on the HL directories for parent="Sources" and s20PFCamp but no hits.
mxyzplk is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 7th, 2010, 08:40 AM
Quote:
and the only remaining error is that when I load many of my previous characters, I get a popup with:

"One or more required sources are not accessible...<etc>
Critical information not found in data files: Source Volume 's20PFCamp'"
This is here is being caused because at one point when you saved that Character(ie portfolio) you did have check marked Pathfinder Campaign Sd20 so that tag was saved with the Hero.

So my thought here is that Thazar's post should fix this. Basically you just reset what Options(ie check marks) you plan to use with the character(after loading it) and then save it again. So that the new Options are then saved.

If that does not work I am not sure what the issue is then and you may have to wait for the Hero Lab guys to help you. The above is all that myself and my players had to do to get the Source issue fixed and not have HL show any more errors.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote