Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JeffSandmeier

Old July 31st, 2010, 12:29 PM
I am attempting to add the Blackguard PrC to Hero Lab for Pathfinder. I have already done the paper conversion, but I'm having some trouble with the Channel Energy feature. I have added it in the Class Special tab, using a copied version of the Paladin's Channel Positive Energy. When I test it, the test PC comes up with Channel Positive Energy, despite the fact that I have the 'channel/deity' selection box activated and set for inflict/negative energy. I then tried to use the generic Cleric channel energy (copied) and got the same thing. If I give the test PC a level in Cleric (or any other class that normally chooses between cure and inflict) it works properly, but without it, it always defaults to Positive Energy. I haven't changed anything in the eval script in either attempt. I looked in the xChannel ability, but I can't find the section that actually sets whether the PC cures or inflicts. Can anyone help?
JeffSandmeier is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 31st, 2010, 01:16 PM
I'd recommend waiting until Gen Con, and then copy the antipaladin's channel negative energy ability.

(For that matter, the antipaladin pretty much replaces the blackguard).
Mathias is online now   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 31st, 2010, 01:27 PM
I'm afraid to say that the fiendish servant will also be hard to implement properly, in terms of the feasability of adding the Blackguard to HL - the mechanisms were removed in the conversion from d20 to Pathfinder.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old July 31st, 2010, 01:42 PM
Bootstrap cClrChan with a tag of cClrChan with a value of the level chanelling is gained.
On the lower right of the class tab is a selection of Select deity / channeling. If the black guard gets domains select dity and channeling otherwise sellect channel only.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
jkthomsen9

Old July 31st, 2010, 01:43 PM
wow mathias you are quick.....posted twice before I could finish one.
jkthomsen9 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 31st, 2010, 01:49 PM
Thinking about it more, go with what jkthomsen9 suggested - I hard-coded the negative channeling for the antipaladin in the structural files, so it wouldn't actually help you, now that I think about it more.

That is something I need to re-work, so that fixed energy types are implementable without access to the structural files.
Mathias is online now   #6 Reply With Quote
JeffSandmeier

Old July 31st, 2010, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkthomsen9 View Post
Bootstrap cClrChan with a tag of cClrChan with a value of the level chanelling is gained.
On the lower right of the class tab is a selection of Select deity / channeling. If the black guard gets domains select dity and channeling otherwise sellect channel only.
I'm not sure where you are talking about bootstrapping cClrChan, is that in the main class screen, or in the class special screen? If you are talking about the class special abilities section on the main class screen, then I have tried that and it still returns as positive energy channel unless a class other than blackguard that can or is forced to choose a channel type is selected in addition to the blackguard class levels. I already had the channel type selector checked, and even when selected for negative/inflict, it still shows as positive energy channelling in the special tab of hero lab, and says the character doesn't qualify for the feat Command Undead, because it requires Negative Energy Channel. For some reason, the channel type selector is not passing on the information that I have chosen negative energy channel to whatever puts the information onto the special tab of the character creator.
JeffSandmeier is offline   #7 Reply With Quote