Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Trendy

Send a message via Skype™ to Trendy

Old September 17th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Hey there! I just got HL and so far I'm liking the program. I have the APG and access to the Oracle. What I was wanting to do is create an NPC Oracle with a custom curse, mute. He can't talk but later on gains abilities to communicate empathically and even through telepathy.

The original homebrew idea came from here (which is based on Zaiobe from Jade Regent). It lies somewhere between the same power as deaf and clouded vision in terms of bonuses.

Curse: Mute – You cannot speak or vocalize in any way. Comprehend languages, tongues and other similar abilities have no effect on making your attempts at verbal communication understood. You cast all of your spells as if they were modified by the Silent Spell feat. This does not increase their level or casting time.

Level 5
  • You receive a +3 competence bonus on Perception checks.
  • You gain the ability to communicate empathically with anyone that you are touching. This empathic communication only conveys emotions, urges, and simple ideas. It does not allow verbal communication.

Level 10
  • You can communicate empathically with anyone in a 60 foot radius that you're aware of.
  • You can telepathically communicate with any one individual that you are touching. You must both share a language
  • A telepathic bond (as the spell) may be formed with one specific creature per day. You must touch the target to establish the connection. It takes one minute to establish a connection. The connection lasts for 24 hours or until a new bond is formed.

Level 15
  • You can communicate telepathically with any one creature in a 60 ft. radius that you're aware of
  • Once per day, you may use sending as a spell-like ability.

What I was wondering is uh... how do I do this? I know it's under the editor and custom abilities, I'm mimicking the Deaf curse, and I can get silent spell and the perception bonus, but no idea how to add empathic/telepathic communication.

The other oracle's curses threads are at least a year old so I didn't want to revive a dead thread
Trendy is offline   #1 Reply With Quote