Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JolarEQ

Old September 8th, 2013, 03:21 PM
If someone could please check to see if this happens on their installation of Hero Lab, I'd greatly appreciate it, as I'd like to find out if it is a possible bug or just something happening to me!

Currently playing a fighter, and I use a sword and shield. The shield is a magical one, +1 bashing, fortification (light) light steel shield, and the sword is a katana (Suishen from Jade Regent.) I noticed in Hero Lab that when I have Suishen selected as 1st and light steel shield selected as 2nd under Weapons, It's not lowering the melee attack for Suishen, and I have 3 attacks for the shield, which should only be two (+11 BAB with Imp. Two-Weap Fighting.) Now, if I just equip a regular light steel shield, it works fine, lowering the melee for the sword and removing one of the attacks for the shield bash.

So, I decided to make a new profile and check it out, and this is what I'd like someone to try and tell me if it works. I created a level 1 fighter, added Improved Shield Bash as a feat, and gave him a longsword and a light steel shield. Selecting them both under weapons, the melee penalties come up as they're supposed to. However, if I add a magical shield, just something like a +1 bashing light steel shield, when I select that as the shield bash, I get no penalties.

I am running 4.2b of Hero Lab, with the 7.19 Pathfinder files. It seems that this happened after 7.19, but I can't guarantee that, as I don't always look at all my stats all the time. I just noticed it last night whilst playing, and just wanted to find out of it's just on my end or may be a potential bug.

Anybody that can try this out for me and let me know, I'd appreciate it! Thanks!
JolarEQ is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 8th, 2013, 03:34 PM
There's a stickied thread in this forum for bug reporting. Please report bugs there. There's too high a chance of them getting lost if they're within a thread.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
JolarEQ

Old September 9th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Bug has been submitted. I was just wanting to see if someone could try it out, see if it was just on my side or not. Knowing my luck, I have corruption somewhere.
JolarEQ is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 9th, 2013, 01:53 PM
I find it's faster overall to let us be the ones to test it out. Then, you don't have to wait several days to see if someone else responds to your thread before posting the bug report.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
JolarEQ

Old September 9th, 2013, 02:21 PM
See, that makes sense, and you'd think I would have thought of that myself. My brain, however, works in mysterious ways.

Thanks Mathias!
JolarEQ is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Overdog

Old September 22nd, 2013, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
There's a stickied thread in this forum for bug reporting. Please report bugs there. There's too high a chance of them getting lost if they're within a thread.
I am having the exact same issue so it definitely isnt you. It isnt apply the penalties to hit or to offhand weapon damage.
Overdog is offline   #6 Reply With Quote