Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 20th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Just a quick comment to allay some concerns...

Content will NOT be pushed/pulled directly between GM and player computers. This applies to both Realm Works AND Hero Lab, where there have been lots of gamers asking for this ability. Rest assured that our products will NOT directly manipulate content on other users' computers - it will simply send requests between computers using standard mechanisms that can be easily blocked by standard tools like Windows Firewall. In fact, on most computers, the user will have to specifically ALLOW the communication, since it will be automatically blocked otherwise. So there is no cause for concern about privacy and security here. We're not planning anything insidious, just useful features for those who choose to leverage them.
rob is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
atlarman

Send a message via MSN to atlarman Send a message via Yahoo to atlarman

Old May 20th, 2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Just a quick comment to allay some concerns...

Content will NOT be pushed/pulled directly between GM and player computers. This applies to both Realm Works AND Hero Lab, where there have been lots of gamers asking for this ability. Rest assured that our products will NOT directly manipulate content on other users' computers - it will simply send requests between computers using standard mechanisms that can be easily blocked by standard tools like Windows Firewall. In fact, on most computers, the user will have to specifically ALLOW the communication, since it will be automatically blocked otherwise. So there is no cause for concern about privacy and security here. We're not planning anything insidious, just useful features for those who choose to leverage them.
thanks rob..... i didnt mean to imply anything insidious on LWD part merely pointing out the potential for abuse of certain sharing capabilities.
atlarman is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
gamemasterbob

Old February 10th, 2012, 01:41 PM
HOW ABOUT A SOUND EFFECTS PANEL...

You might think of adding a sound FX panel and allowing the user to add sounds and link them to events or just play them on demand. This panel could be categorized and each sound has its own button and is clearly named. You could sell sounds updates. Also include a way to loop the sounds. I would use this. Anyone else?
gamemasterbob is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
Giddoen

Old February 16th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EberronKnight View Post
Thanks Rob for giving us something, I understand not being able to give us much at this time. What you listed as what the concept idea is for Realm Works is what I'm wanting!

I can't wait to hear more, I don't know why but I'm dying for this as I'm a everywhere kinda DM/GM and need a system/program to help me organize my campaigns!

EK
Ahmen EberronKnight! same here!!!!

I have faith!...my character sheet says so!
Giddoen is offline   #44 Reply With Quote