Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Shadowfoot

Old April 10th, 2020, 04:15 PM
I have a PF NPC with Mage Armor and False life on them. This is visible to my players. Is this expected?
I'm okay with the idea that there are visible effects on the adversaries, but would prefer they are not revealed until the players attempt to identify them.

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need. — Logic of Design
Shadowfoot is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 10th, 2020, 07:55 PM
We're aware of this one and have it on the short list to be addressed. We've got a chunk of the work done to resolve it, but it's not quite all in place yet.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Shadowfoot

Old April 10th, 2020, 09:37 PM
Thanks Rob.

🎲 Pathfinder 2e GM

Need spawns invention, but imagination gives rise to need. — Logic of Design
Shadowfoot is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
danyray

Old April 11th, 2020, 01:05 PM
In the same way, do you plan to make it possible to hide the race of monster. Some name spoil what the players face prior to identification. A togle like the off camera / on camera would be nice. Not identified / Identified.
danyray is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 11th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyray View Post
In the same way, do you plan to make it possible to hide the race of monster. Some name spoil what the players face prior to identification. A togle like the off camera / on camera would be nice. Not identified / Identified.
Our first step is sanitizing the display for players in the general case, which will constitute omitting the alignment and buffs from npcs.

Hiding the race is another step, but it's more complicated, since it's not about actually hiding it. It's really about replacing it with an alternate term on an optional basis. So that will entail a bit more work.
rob is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old April 20th, 2020, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Our first step is sanitizing the display for players in the general case, which will constitute omitting the alignment and buffs from npcs.

Hiding the race is another step, but it's more complicated, since it's not about actually hiding it. It's really about replacing it with an alternate term on an optional basis. So that will entail a bit more work.
In the VTT world we use GM name vs Player name. And can default Player name on new creatures to "Creature 431" (random number)

So a "2nd" name and ability to swap/show GM name on ID would be nice. But all easier said than done, right?

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
danyray

Old April 24th, 2020, 05:13 AM
An other tihng we remark in last night game is that the player have access to the "all" tab showing monster "off camera" to them. I pointed them to the correct tab, but I think the "All" tab shoudn't be available from the player side?
danyray is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old April 24th, 2020, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danyray View Post
An other tihng we remark in last night game is that the player have access to the "all" tab showing monster "off camera" to them. I pointed them to the correct tab, but I think the "All" tab shoudn't be available from the player side?
Agreed, players should only be able to see the "On Camera" tab imo.
dacoobob is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 24th, 2020, 12:01 PM
That sounds like an oversight on our part. I'll make sure this gets on the team's radar. It certainly doesn't hurt to file a bug report, too.

Last edited by rob; April 24th, 2020 at 12:04 PM.
rob is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
danyray

Old April 24th, 2020, 12:35 PM
Done, thanks Rob
danyray is offline   #10 Reply With Quote