Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
edgelett

Old April 28th, 2019, 01:17 PM
Hi all,

been using Hero Lab for years but this is my first time posting here, because it's my first time making a druid.

My druid has just reached level 3 so I levelled her up and also tried to level up her animal companion, and it doesn't seem to be working right.

the 3.5 PHB says that once a druid hits level 3 their animal companion gets 2 extra hit die and +1 to both str and dex.

However when I use Hero Lab to update my wolf, the hit die seems to work ok but the ability points don't - instead it is asking me to 'select' which stat I want to increase. I selected Str and tried to increase Dex and it said I had chosen too many ability points, and more importantly it seemed to be levelling up my animal companion like a player character - Hero Lab seems to think the wolf gets one stat point every 4 levels, and also wanted me to select a feat for it? The PHB doesn't say anything about animal companions getting feats you can select, only tricks.

it's also asking me to assign skill points - PHB doesn't mention that either.

I checked the errata and I can't find any mention of animal companions getting stat points of their choice every 4 levels or feats.

How can I get Hero Lab to let me pick both Str and Dex when my druid hits level 3, 6, 9 etc?
Has there been a rule change i missed?

Thanks
edgelett is offline   #1 Reply With Quote