Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Pooptickler

Old August 14th, 2017, 11:20 AM
I just recently learned about the Viking Archetype, and I already love it. But I have a question concerning its rage powers. The archetype says to treat the Viking as a barbarian minus three levels, but the rage powers seem to treat it as if it were only a level two Barbarian. Is this a bug, or do the rules somewhere say the Viking only gets beginning rage powers?
Pooptickler is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
DeltaCain

Old August 14th, 2017, 02:00 PM
Is there any rage powers that you'd have available as a barbarian level 3 than you would as a level 2?

Last edited by DeltaCain; August 14th, 2017 at 02:03 PM.
DeltaCain is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Pooptickler

Old August 14th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaCain View Post
Is there any rage powers that you'd have available as a barbarian level 3 than you would as a level 2?
I don't follow.
Pooptickler is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 14th, 2017, 11:32 PM
I guess your should report it as a bug.
Farling is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old August 16th, 2017, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooptickler View Post
I just recently learned about the Viking Archetype, and I already love it. But I have a question concerning its rage powers. The archetype says to treat the Viking as a barbarian minus three levels, but the rage powers seem to treat it as if it were only a level two Barbarian. Is this a bug, or do the rules somewhere say the Viking only gets beginning rage powers?
What level is your Viking?
ErinRigh is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old August 16th, 2017, 11:04 AM
I tried it, and a rage power that requires Barbarian level 6 isn't available to a fighter with viking archetype of level 9+.
Farling is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old August 16th, 2017, 11:23 PM
The way I read the archetype it sounds like the Viking doesn't automatcially get Rage powers, except perhaps the beginning ones as you mentioned.
"Starting at 6th level, whenever a viking gains a fighter bonus feat, she can instead choose to gain a single rage power, as the barbarian class feature, in place of the bonus feat." I haven't tried it in HL, but have you tried taking the power instead of a fighter bonus feat?
In any case, if you report your concern as a bug, you'll get an answer from LW as to whether things are working properly.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #7 Reply With Quote