Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old April 2nd, 2014, 09:20 PM
That's what it looks like, anyway. I have a Pathfinder portfolio for a character with a horse. When I pull that into RW, it looks like it's adding my horse twice.
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mystic Lemur

Old April 2nd, 2014, 09:42 PM
Had the same thing happen to me with a Ranger's animal companion. It was part of the Ranger's statblock, and then had it's own entry below the Ranger.
Mystic Lemur is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 2nd, 2014, 10:41 PM
That's actually an artifact of the way Hero Lab does things. As @MysticLemur indicated, Hero Lab includes a statblock summary of mounts and companions with the character. Since the portfolio contains the character AND the mount/companion, the latter is included with the character and then on its own. The net result is that it looks like the mount/character is duplicated. Technically, it is, but it's being duplicated by Hero Lab and Realm Works is just showing you everything that Hero Lab provides.

I'll talk to the Hero Lab team and see if there might be a way to reconcile this in the future to eliminate the redundancy. Unfortunately, it's something that is outside the scope of Realm Works with the information that's available.
rob is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 3rd, 2014, 03:59 AM
Rob,

I feel like I should argue with you about something just to stay in character. So, why are you passing the blame?

(That was a joke, son.)

If you're ever in the Chicago area, drop me a note. I'll buy you a pitcher of ballrog's.
EightBitz is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
enrious

Old April 3rd, 2014, 03:58 PM
I laughed, EightBits.

And then I wondered if your character was riding a horse with no name.
enrious is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 3rd, 2014, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrious View Post
I laughed, EightBits.

And then I wondered if your character was riding a horse with no name.
I'm much more in my element when I'm making people laugh. That's my status quo.

Same offer goes for you, enrious. If we ever meet face to face, I'm pretty sure you'd walk away with a different view of me than you may have had in the past.

I actually had a woman chase me out of her house . . . while wielding a sword . . . for a bad pun I inflicted upon her.

If you're ever in the area, drop me a note.
EightBitz is offline   #6 Reply With Quote