Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lortondm

Old May 25th, 2015, 05:32 PM
I am creating a new race. Sadly, I violated the rule of -- if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I wanted the creature to be proficient with greatswords and composite longbows. But it already was proficient with those weapons based on other selections I'd made. After I clicked those two weapons in Racial Weapons in the race creator, I found that a portfolio I had with the new race in it changed the default weapon size to Medium. Now, even though the race is large -- in the race creator in the editor it says Large (I triple checked it) and I gave it 10' space and 10' reach -- each time I go to add a weapon the portfolio starts with all medium weapons. I can change it to Large, but then it does things like show me circles with slash marks through it for two-handed weapons and it is charging me the -2 weapon size penalty for using one too large.

Anyone know how to fix this?
lortondm is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old May 25th, 2015, 06:03 PM
And in the portfolio for the budding race, in the Background tab, it shows under Racial, Template & Faction Abilities -- Medium for size but that, unique among the other things listed, is in red for some reason.
lortondm is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 25th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Maybe post the portfolio with this race you built so others can take a look at it?
Aaron is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old May 25th, 2015, 06:38 PM
Thanks. Aaron, how do I post a portfolio? I've never done that before.
lortondm is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 25th, 2015, 06:51 PM
When posting, click "Go advanced", and scroll down past the "Submit reply" button, and you'll see a "Manage attachments" button.
Aaron is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 26th, 2015, 01:22 AM
Well, I can't say for sure without looking at the race you built, but a seldom noticed thing about Quadruped ability when using the race builder is that it gives you the undersized weapons ability as well (like a centaur, even though you are large you wield medium weapons).
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old May 26th, 2015, 07:34 PM
See the attached. This race is not a quadruped, though I might have clicked something weird by mistake.

Thanks for helping. Jeff
Attached Files
File Type: email Semi-Free Willed Angel Simulacrum.por (112.0 KB, 1 views)
lortondm is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 26th, 2015, 07:44 PM
It appears I misunderstood. I thought you were using the race creator rules from the ARG or the monster creator rules from the Bestiary, but loading the portfolio notifies me that the race pick was not found, so I am guessing you built the race in the editor. In that case, could you submit the .user file containing "rSFWSSol" and anything it bootstraps? If you're not comfortable posting it to the forums, you can e-mail or PM me with it.
Aaron is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old May 26th, 2015, 08:23 PM
Thanks Aaron. I just figured out what the problem was. I'm a doofus and I'd checked the undersized weapons box in the editor by mistake. Sorry to have bothered you.
lortondm is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old May 26th, 2015, 08:53 PM
Glad you got it resolved.
Aaron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote