Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Jay_NOLA

Old February 20th, 2017, 09:12 AM
@Viking2054
Thanks Viking the clarified the sparkle. I thought you wanted like a sort of magic radiance from the weapon. Which is why I tried using different magic effects and sparkles, only posted one.

A different pose would have worked better I think to do what you wanted. I'm going to try that next time I do one that has that I can put that weapon glint in.
d is my favorite too the details are more visible on her. The non-human eye pupils don't show up that great though on any, but you can tell that her eyes aren't normal ones at least.

@dalpunk
Thanks, I managed to get in touch with my doctor today and have been taking meds the past few days that have me sleeping heavily. Hope I can see her as the ER didn't give me much stuff to take to take.

What got me in the ER is a combination of medical conditions I have and one of the conditions stems from abuse/malpractice that I suffered at a hospital back in 2015, which has effected my current health dramatically.

I did get most of the work done on my half orc done before the health peoblem. So I'm hoping to get that one posted when I'm feeling better to finish her.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #81 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old February 20th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the info regarding the used program. I think this stuff is out of my league. And I hope you to get better soon.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #82 Reply With Quote
Jay_NOLA

Old February 22nd, 2017, 11:09 AM
Thanks Acenoid,

I used a few high end stuff, Lightwave is expensive, but you can do something similar with cheaper software. If you got into doing those type of images plan on spending about $100-$200 a month to get 3d assets till you get a good collection. I was spending in the past about $90 a month of 3d stuff ad before it got too expensive it was about $200 or more.

I'll try and put together a list of recommended stuff to get that is free or very cheap so you can try it out. You might have a talent for the art like that.

Mostly will focus on free stuff so you can try it out.
Jay_NOLA is offline   #83 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old September 30th, 2017, 09:40 AM
"RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE, OH ANCIENT THREAD!!!"

Well I would like to start this meeting of Necromancers, with asking after Jay_NOLA's health, how you doing Jay?

I now must add that I have had an issue myself, though not so important as health. I have had a total system failure and lost everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything! All programs, apps, documents, character files, maps, images, spreadsheets, databases. In short, the failure wiped my system clean including my backup drive, and left me with about a 30 year hole of missing documents.

So what I'm asking is, firstly can anyone direct me to a good copy of Gimp, and secondly can you send me anything game related that you are allowed to trade in any format, I need pics, images, maps, PDFs (legal to trade only please) (I can redownload most of my PF books, so no illegal copies are necessary), anything you can think of, system neutral or 3.5/PF would be great!

just inundate my email with whatever you think I might need Erin (@) smokingjacketmagazine (.) com

Thanks all, FYI I have Realm Works, Hero Lab, Fantasy Grounds, Maptool (thanks Jamz), CC3+, CD3, DD3, and maybe some others
ErinRigh is offline   #84 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old September 30th, 2017, 09:42 AM
Oh, why am I posting this here? This was a loved project I was working on.
ErinRigh is offline   #85 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old September 30th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Oh jeezus ErinRigh the pain!

I'd direct you to Gimp but I think you are best installing one of the following first. Put all your custom content in it. I put all my pdf's too. This way I cannot loose them.

Google Drive - this is my preferred one
DropBox

This project really did fall into the grave lol. I gave up all the time I was using to work on it to do some commercial data entry for some 3rd party providers. I'm still doing some of that so won't be active on this again in the near future... but soonish perhaps.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #86 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old September 30th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Yeah I have google drive and dropbox, I just had very little backed up there and I call "age" as an excuse and gittin used to this new-fangled "cloud" stuff, but I'll learn, someday maybe, before I die, bloody hell!

But don't change my position any...

<doffs hat> spare a map or two, guvner
ErinRigh is offline   #87 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old October 4th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Hey !

I just wanted to ask - is this project still ongoing ?

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #88 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old October 4th, 2017, 11:54 AM
No reason it can't be. It just didn't get traction.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #89 Reply With Quote