Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Rhyus

Old April 21st, 2017, 07:05 PM
Ok, so, I'm trying to get my Pathfinder lab up to par so I can create my current characters along with new ones. So, my current characters is a Bard/Ranger, which I can currently do, mostly. But, I am missing some things from it, like the Adaptive trait for weapons. I also cannot seem to find the spell Abundant Arrows. What packs should I get to put those two items for my character?

My other character I have is a Half-Giant Warlord(Path of War)/Psion that has Mythic levels. What do I need to get that character made?

I'm thinking of a new character that could use any of the following classes: Warlord, Psion, Gunslinger, Swashbuckler and NPC classes (if I'm not mistaken, they are already included). Yes, two of them I have already asked about, so, that would leave Gunslinger and Swashbuckler I'm looking to get the book/pack needed to create those classes.

Any and all help would be appreciated.
Rhyus is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Arjon Smithson

Old April 21st, 2017, 08:09 PM
Abundant Ammunition (not 'Arrows') is a 1st level spell from Ultimate Combat IIRC
Arjon Smithson is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Arjon Smithson

Old April 21st, 2017, 08:13 PM
Unsure about the 'adaptive' trait. Can't see it on Paizo's list of their traits, which are mainly listed in Ultimate Campaign - http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/u...nd/traits.html

Last edited by Arjon Smithson; April 21st, 2017 at 08:14 PM. Reason: grammar
Arjon Smithson is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old April 21st, 2017, 08:22 PM
What I usually do when I'm trying to figure out what data package I need for something in Pathfinder is to look it up in d20PFSRD, check the copyright information at the bottom to find the source, then search the Pathfinder RPG Packages page to find out which data package I need to buy. For example, the Adaptive weapon trait is listed as being from Ultimate Equipment, and the Abundant Ammunition spell is listed as being from Ultimate Combat. The majority of the Mythic rules are in Mythic Adventures, no surprise.

Third-party material can be trickier, since only so much is available for Hero Lab, but I know that Half-Giants and a lot of Psionics and Path of War are in the Pathfinder Community Pack.

Are you using the Rulebook Entry Path or the Class Pack Entry Path? The answer to the Class-based questions is different for each.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
DeltaMasterMind

Old April 22nd, 2017, 12:57 AM
Just to note: If you move an existing portfolio over to a new Herolab app you can click on the configure hero of that portfolio and do "Set defaults", this will copy all the checked sources over to that Herolab copy. Although you should make sure that your added sources for updates are copied over as well.
DeltaMasterMind is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Rhyus

Old April 22nd, 2017, 02:38 AM
If I'm not mistaken, I came in through the Rulebook entry. As I probably picked this up back in the earlier days of Pathfinder being with HeroLab.

Sorry about putting Abundant Arrows down instead of Ammunition. It was late and I was half asleep when I wrote the initial post.

Yea, I knew about the copyright information at the bottom of their pages, but as I've been playing and used their site for everything rules related, my group has found a few pages that did not have copyright information displayed on some pages. Also, with the way HeroLabs has bundled things together, I wasn't too positive on which bundles I should be getting.

Also, I did notice that when I was making my Ranger/Bard up, that they did not have Point Blank Master listed as one of the choices for Archery under the Combat Style choices. Under the d20PFSRD, it has it as a choice after 6th level. And since my Ranger/Bard/Gestalt is 18th level, he should have easily qualified for it, but it just wasn't listed as a choice.
Rhyus is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 22nd, 2017, 07:22 AM
My copy shows 'Point Blank Master', as part of the Advanced Player's Guide.

If you have the source, and it is enabled for your character (control + K), then you'll see it.
If you don't have the source, that's one that has a lot of options for characters within.
And if you do have it, and it's not there, then you just need to activate it for the current character.
Ualaa is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Ualaa

Old April 22nd, 2017, 07:25 AM
You can also filter between 'Valid Choices' and 'Everything'.
Everything shows anything you have access to, but will mark in red anything that your character doesn't qualify for.
So you know that you need to add however many skill ranks, or acquire whatever feats, class ability or what not.

I've noticed with Prestige Classes, anything that you meet the requirements for are just not displayed at all.
So a new character might need additional requirements, than those that are displayed for the current character, because the current character already meets the hidden requirements.
Ualaa is offline   #8 Reply With Quote