Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Cosmo.Caveman

Old December 5th, 2015, 10:22 AM
Hi! I just bought the software and I'm trying to get the hang it, and I'm lookiung to follow the tutorial from the manual.

But is there any reason I don't have the "add tutorial content" when I want to create a new realm? Any idea where I can get it?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2015-12-05 14.15.29.png (34.5 KB, 7 views)
Cosmo.Caveman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 7th, 2015, 12:36 AM
With the big October release, we disabled the tutorial material temporarily due a technical detail we need to resolve. This was briefly explained in the release notes for build 201, but it's probably not clarified anywhere for new users. We'll be adding that back in once we get the few remaining important bugs sorted out. Sorry about that.

In the meantime, I recommend taking a look at the various tutorial videos and the introductory seminar video from GenCon 2015. Those will provide a lot of examples and helpful guidance to get you started. Beyond that, don't be shy about asking questions here on the forums, as there are lots of very helpful folks here with a lot of insights about Realm Works.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MNBlockHead

Old December 7th, 2015, 08:30 AM
I recommend also checking out the following thread:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=52565

Starting on page 2 of the thread a number of users share some impressive screenshots of some complex realms that they've set up.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old December 7th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Also if you have the time there are a number of videos on youtube by LWD and by some others that really cover the basics of RW very well.

Last edited by kbs666; December 7th, 2015 at 10:34 AM.
kbs666 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Cosmo.Caveman

Old December 15th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Sweet, I'll check out the GenCon video! thanks for getting back to me.

Sorry for the late reply.
Cosmo.Caveman is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
aussiexile

Old January 27th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Sorry for posting on an old thread but is there any update to when the tutorial content will be available?
aussiexile is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
lyobovnik

Old July 5th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiexile View Post
Sorry for posting on an old thread but is there any update to when the tutorial content will be available?
I have the same question.

Just bought this software and I am disappointed that the very first feature the tutorial directs me to use is broken. I will dig around to see how I can compensate, but you should be aware this is not a positive first impression to make on a new user who is not already your fan.

That said, I wasn't even aware of the feature until I started the tutorial video, so it could be worse.

I am hopeful that I will encounter nothing else of the sort, since I've heard such good things about RW and LWD.
lyobovnik is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old July 5th, 2016, 11:35 AM
lybovnik, yeah, sucks that your first impression has been poorer than it could (and indeed should) be, but please persevere. RW is an amazing tool, and well worth taking the time to learn.

Meanwhile, watch the tutorial videos, even if you can't actively do some of the things it talks about without the tutorial content, and if you have any questions at all about how to do something, please throw a thread into the mix, we're a pretty friendly bunch and are all too happy to totally geek out about RW.

(Warning: geek overload may be accompanied by side effects such as: more information than you need; extraordinarily technical details; arguments about the "best approach" to solving a problem; and FLAME WARS1).

1: Flame Wars may or may not involve moderator action, but since I've never actually seen a full-blown one on these forums, it's hard to tell.

Chief Calendar Champion Chemlak

Join the unofficial Realm Works IRC channel! Join #realm-works
Chemlak is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
dentaa

Old September 26th, 2016, 02:00 AM
Have to add in here, a short note on the home screen in the next update stating "Tutorial Content is currently not available as we review and upgrade it, so please do spend an hour looking for the button to activate it" would be helpful...
dentaa is offline   #9 Reply With Quote