Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

EightBitz

Old May 25th, 2014, 11:28 AM
I've submitted this as a bug report, but I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this and might have some insight into it.

On occasion, when I edit categories, I go back to my World Almanac, and find that all my icons have changed. The change seems to be temporary, though. If I close and restart Realm Works, all the icons go back to normal.

This phenomenon is at least intermittent, but not consistent. I've tried capturing it to video so you could see what happened and see the events leading up to it, but of course, it won't happen when I WANT it to.

The first occasion when it happened, I had copied the Community category, and renamed and edited the copy by adding my own custom sections, and reordering the sections and reordering some snippets.

The second occasion, I had copied the Individual category and made similar changes.
EightBitz is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old May 25th, 2014, 04:46 PM
I have noticed this too, while I was adding and working on Articles and added / saved / edited a lot.

Also I have the feeling that the "conversion to text" popup shows up unecessarily often? E.g. links removed , editing some texts, save - no popup.

10 minutes later I open the topic again and the same link is being removed again.
Acenoid is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
MaxSupernova

Old May 25th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acenoid View Post
I have noticed this too, while I was adding and working on Articles and added / saved / edited a lot.

Also I have the feeling that the "conversion to text" popup shows up unecessarily often? E.g. links removed , editing some texts, save - no popup.

10 minutes later I open the topic again and the same link is being removed again.

I've found this on and off, usually when I've been editing topics. Doing things like renaming TOPIC B to TOPIC A's name, and then removing TOPIC A will sometimes lead to the weirdness you describe happening multiple times.

I've never been able to completely nail it down enough to submit a big report, but it seems like if you mess around with it enough you can confuse the link creator. My solution when it happens is usually to create a completely new topic, copy the data over and name it something irrelevant. Then remove the original topic, and then rebuild every entry that references that topic. Then rename the new topic the the name you want. It's like resetting things...

Not a real answer, but it might help. hopefully you can have more luck tracking things down than I did. My almanacs are mostly stable now that I have my personal format down, so I'm not doing anything funny with renaming and deleting and such much anymore.
MaxSupernova is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old May 26th, 2014, 02:36 PM
puh I think I renamed a lot back and forth this would be horrible to redo. So I hope that there will be more info available on it soon.

Btw sometimes also an error report is being generated when switching tabs / editing categories, next time I'll notice I'll post it.
Acenoid is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old May 30th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Haven't seen any response to this from LWD, either by email or as a response here. It's not a functional bug, so I'm not expecting this to be fixed in any short order, or even to be given any kind of priority. I would like some minimal acknowledgment, though, that it's been noted.
EightBitz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old May 30th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Even if they dont acknowledge in the forums, I think if you submitted the bug report, you can be relatively sure that its been acknowledged.
mirtos is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old May 31st, 2014, 08:15 AM
It's just that they've always been so good at responding that to receive no reply makes me wonder if someone missed the submission. I've had that happen with other companies before.
EightBitz is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old May 31st, 2014, 11:06 AM
Got an email response. :-)
EightBitz is offline   #8 Reply With Quote