Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Agyess

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:06 PM
so I got all these neat HL .por files safely tucked away into RW and moved to my laptop for the game.... Is there anyway (short of save-as) to merge them/import creatures so as to use the tactical console?
Agyess is offline   #1
zarlor

Old August 27th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I don't think so (at least not yet, I've heard that better HL integration is something they may be working on, though.) What I've tried to do is to create portfolios for each preset encounter, though. The only problem with that is that you don't have the hero portfolios integrated into it unless you have them ready beforehand and know what state they will be in by the time they get to that encounter.

Then again I only use HL for Savage Worlds and don't really use the tactical console much, and I haven't found too many others on the forum to pipe in with ideas on how they use it for that game, if at all, and what might be some good improvements to make to is since I've seen several people mentioned using it for Pathfinder games. It makes me wonder if we're missing something on the SW side.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 28th, 2013, 12:41 AM
This capability is being worked on right now. There will be a new option in RW for Hero Lab files that allows you to integrate an encounter portfolio into a running copy of HL that already has all the PCs loaded into it.
rob is offline   #3