Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion > Realm Works Early Access Discussion

Notices

Mmurphy

Old September 4th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Probably been asked but:

Is there a way in the player view to 'permanently" place text on, above, or near a map pin so the players view shows what the pin is revealing?

For example, I have a map of an Inn and I placed a pin in the rooms the characters are staying at. The Pin is revealed to the characters as they know what rooms they are staying in. However in the players view, all they see is the pin, not who the pin belongs too.
Mmurphy is offline   #1
zarlor

Old September 5th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Other than hovering over the pin to see what it says, I don't believe so. But that, in essence, has been asked for in the requested features forum if you want to add your support for that post/feature.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #2
chava

Old September 26th, 2013, 12:53 AM
Hmmm.... I think I might be doing my maps wrong. Even when I have a map revealed to my players and the pins revealed - the pin appears on the player view map but no text appears when i hover over the pin. Nor when I click on it in player view.

What am I doing wrong?
chava is offline   #3
Mmurphy

Old September 26th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chava View Post
Hmmm.... I think I might be doing my maps wrong. Even when I have a map revealed to my players and the pins revealed - the pin appears on the player view map but no text appears when i hover over the pin. Nor when I click on it in player view.

What am I doing wrong?

Nothing. What you are asking is what I originally asked for there to be. Right now, the player view does not see any text associated with a pin.
Mmurphy is offline   #4
chava

Old September 26th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Oh...

I misunderstood your post. I thought that you wanted the label visible even when player are not hovering over the pin - I thought the player view had the same thing as the GM view where the hover-over did pop-up text.

Meanders over to the request thread to see what else I've missed.
chava is offline   #5