Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Shifty-eyes

Old July 8th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Not literally, of course. But I do find that, in general, there is a serious disconnect between those who do and those who do not. Its not just an issue with HeroLab, but also in many other professional applications.

Why this post?

Simply stated, I kind of know what I want to do with HL, but there are a lot of specifics that aren't documented.

For instance, I'm having a problem creating a monster with Sneak Attack damage (Pathfinder rules). Its not a new problem—someone else complained about it roughly a year ago. Obviously the programmers at Lone Wolf have a lot on their plates to solve regarding new systems, new rules to old systems, various critical bugs to solve and so on.

So back to sneak attacks for monsters: I kind of understand how to add a user input field, but not quite. The same goes for various variables used in other situations, syntax used in particular situations and so on.

I have not seen an "HL Editor For Dummies," nor is there a decent tutorial out there for us non-coders to figure out some of these devilish little problems that we're willing to solve if only we knew slightly more about how to code for HL than we can glean from the forums and by blindly applying random solutions.

Any thoughts from either LW or the community on how to learn more regarding a DETAILED tutorial or API (something like this: https://developers.google.com/maps/ )?

Thanks!

-Ken
Shifty-eyes is offline   #1