Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 19th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by egg_green View Post
I am still seeing a crash when I open a portfolio while the previous portfolio is still opening. I emailed Colen the details; please let me know if you need any additional information.
Thanks for emailing me the details, this should be resolved in the full release.
Colen is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 19th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redward View Post
When using custom outputs, items with multiple words only seem to be passing on the first word (in the XML?). For example, instead of "Unarmed Strike", the sheets will all say "Unarmed." Instead of "Handy Haversack", you get "Handy."

This seems to be the case for all custom output.
I'm afraid I can't reproduce this; do you get this problem if you generate custom output for a blank character (no changes made after File -> New)? Which custom output type are you using for it?
Colen is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Zuni Technomancer

Old April 19th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Just looked at my SR-Chars. After printing the PDF I noticed a strange green background around the dice pics. The green background is only visible when zooming above 100% zooming level. Also it is only visible in adobe acrobat, in apples preview all shows fine.

I don't know if it is really an HeroLab issue and not just an different behavior in the rendering engine acrobat/preview in combination with the dice pic (gif? perhaps green as the transparent color?)
Zuni Technomancer is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 19th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Yeah, it looks like Acrobat isn't handling transparent bitmaps properly when zoomed. I think we can work around this in the Shadowrun files - this should be fixed in the next Shadowrun update. Thanks for the report!
Colen is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
redward

Old April 20th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
I'm afraid I can't reproduce this; do you get this problem if you generate custom output for a blank character (no changes made after File -> New)? Which custom output type are you using for it?
I'm using both Armidale's (3.15) and AncientOne's (3.1) custom output. Looks like I'm not the only one:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....&postcount=304

Armidale's is also doing some weird formatting where text from the Personal/Background Details field has a carriage return after each word. Not sure if that's a Mac issue or an issue with the output.
redward is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Zuni Technomancer

Old April 21st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Thanks, the release has fixed the printing issue for me.
Zuni Technomancer is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Enderrin

Old April 23rd, 2012, 10:15 AM
Truncated text in Statblock output..

When exporting a monster stat block using OUTPUT HERO STATBLOCK text can be truncated in multiple fields.

Example: RUST MONSTER rust ability

Rust (DC 15) (Su) A rust monster's antennae are a primary touch attack that causes any metal object they touch to swiftly rust and corrode. The object touched takes half its maximum hp in damage and gains the broken condition-a second hit destroys the item. A rust mon
Enderrin is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
Unseelie

Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Will Hero Lab be ready for Gatekeeper with Mac OS X Mountain Lion and have proper signing? I'd hate to have to lower the level of security on my machine just to run Hero Lab because it's unsigned.
Unseelie is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 23rd, 2012, 02:34 PM
We're concentrating on getting the mac versions of Hero Lab and Army Builder out right now - once that's accomplished, we'll look into the code signing stuff that will be added in Mountain Lion.
Colen is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
mallardduck

Old May 12th, 2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redward View Post
I'm using both Armidale's (3.15) and AncientOne's (3.1) custom output. Looks like I'm not the only one:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....&postcount=304

Armidale's is also doing some weird formatting where text from the Personal/Background Details field has a carriage return after each word. Not sure if that's a Mac issue or an issue with the output.
Still happens here. I've attached a portfolio with a single character in it. If you run this both on the Mac and in Windows, you get different output - sounds like a bug in the Mac code.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Torque The Inquisitor 8.por.zip (22.3 KB, 0 views)
mallardduck is offline   #20 Reply With Quote