Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Redcap's Corner

Old October 30th, 2015, 10:22 AM
I've set out on the long journey of programming all the custom items available through Pathfinder Society into Hero Lab (which I will, of course, make available to the community once I'm done), and most of it has been easy enough so far, but I've hit a snag. The blade of the open road from PFS 6-16 has, among other things, the following clause: "Any wayfinder the wielder carries grants a +2 circumstance bonus on all Survival checks, not just checks to avoid becoming lost." I used the following code to add the Survival bonus, but is it possible for me to delete the preexisting conditional bonus from the wayfinder when they have the sword equipped? If so, how? I'm good at reverse engineering if someone can point me in the direction of an existing thing that works similarly.

POST-LEVELS/100
Code:
doneif (field[gIsEquip].value = 0)

foreach pick in hero where "Custom.Wayfinder"
  if (eachpick.field[gIsEquip].value <> 0) then
    hero.childfound[skSurvival].field[ModCirc].value += 2
  endif
nexteach
As a follow-up, the way this is currently coded means multiple equipped wayfinders will lead to multiple stacking circumstance bonuses. I know how to fix that, but the way I read the item, it might not need fixing. Circumstances do normally stack with each other, and the sentence says "any wayfinder the wielder carries" gains the benefit, but there's certainly an argument that multiple wayfinders would trigger the "essentially the same source" clause that would stop circumstance bonuses from stacking. I'd like a second opinion.
Redcap's Corner is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old October 30th, 2015, 10:51 AM
Situational text is stored in an array field on the skill in question, so assuming you know the exact text wayfinders apply and when, you could loop through the rows of that pick's array and find that, then replace the old text with the new.

As for stacking, I would say that it is the same bonus, and thus does not stack.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote