Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Quintain

Old March 19th, 2018, 07:31 AM
I removed and preserved all the SoP files.. re-downloading now. Although Hero Lab didn't detect that I had anything new to download despite the missing user/source files.
Quintain is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Quintain

Old March 19th, 2018, 12:56 PM
Ok, it looks like my versions weren't out of date -- but there is something odd going on with the timing on the compile. My development folder was on a SAN, that I linked to via symbolic link -- when opening hero lab and choosing the development folder, I got the above error, however, when I copied that folder from the SAN back to my hard disk, the error no longer occurs.
Quintain is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
TheIronGolem

Old March 19th, 2018, 08:42 PM
I don't think that's the first time I've heard of HL having issues with networked files, but that is a pretty weird symptom all right. Glad you figured it out.
TheIronGolem is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2018, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
I don't think that's the first time I've heard of HL having issues with networked files, but that is a pretty weird symptom all right. Glad you figured it out.
I have seen such a thing before on Linux imulations of HL actually. The .1st files have to load before the other stuff as they have the definitions of the tags. Sometimes they are loaded out of order or first come first served by the OS.

I remember changing the names once before for PoW files so a few people using Linux could get the files to load.

I guess somehow the above sym link is causing the same issue...

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Lord Magus

Old March 20th, 2018, 04:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintain View Post
Hero Lab didn't detect that I had anything new to download despite the missing user/source files.
Longstanding problem: I think if you install files in a copy of the Pathfinder folder (such as your development folder) without those files being installed in the Pathfinder (original) folder itself, they will not be "seen" as being out of date, if they are, by the update mechanism.

My SoP files are only installed in my pathfinder_SoP folder, and the update mechanism never lights up when there are new versions.
Lord Magus is offline   #15 Reply With Quote