Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Jaysyn2

Old March 5th, 2018, 05:10 PM
So let me just preface this with, "I LOVE REALM WORKS".

So a few moths ago i had a hard drive crash on my laptop. So i got it fixed and luckily for me was able to recover all of my RW data onto a new desktop system. That is working just amazing.

The laptop NOT SO MUCH!
Now after a new drive and a fresh windows 10 install, i want to load RW and HL on my laptop so i can use it for gaming.

I loaded RW, and now every time i try to launch the program i get the error Firebird_connection failed.

I have rebooted before and after the install, i have run the install as admin, i have shut off virus protection, i have checked for updates.... I have uninstalled, reinstalled. Uninstalled, deleted everything i could find "realm work-y", i have prayed to the silicone gods, and still get the same error.

Please help.

PS. I have sent the error report also, so maybe one of the support guys can shed some light.
Jaysyn2 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 6th, 2018, 07:28 AM
firebird is the database that underlies RW. When you re-installed RW you should have installed a new instance of firebird so I think the problem is some driver or some part of Windows is fouled up. The problem is I have no idea which tech RW uses to talk to firebird. It could be ODBC in which case installing the firebird odbc driver might help you. Or they might be using a direct API into firebird in which case I think the problem is something .Net.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Jaysyn2

Old March 6th, 2018, 01:36 PM
I was hoping to be able to learn of a way to uninstall the entire firebird engine to possibly correct any dll, driver, file, or registry entry. I really hate the idea of re installing windows again just to get this back to a clean slate.
Jaysyn2 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote