Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

JadedDragoon

Old September 9th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minous View Post
With your feats I would bootstrap them with conditionals.
This is what I get when I try bootstrapping the feats.
Quote:
Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

Thing 'ELDAthletics' - Condition phase/priority (PostLevel/9001) for bootstrap thing 'fELDFeatProfClimb' occurs after earliest rule/script (First/2380)
Thing 'ELDAthletics' - Condition phase/priority (PostLevel/9001) for bootstrap thing 'fELDFeatProfSwim' occurs after earliest rule/script (First/2380)

For whatever reason these feats _must_ be bootstrapped before First/2380... but the conditional I need to check isn't available till Post-Level/9000. Like I said before, it's a catch 22. How do I get around this?

EDIT: the more I think about ti the less this problem makes sense to me. Class levels aren't handled till the Levels phase. So before that... it should be impossible to know what class features (such as weapon proficiency) the hero should get... but this makes it seem like you would have to know what class feats the hero gets before the hero even has a class.

So obviously there is a trick here that gets around the problem.

Last edited by JadedDragoon; September 9th, 2018 at 06:07 PM.
JadedDragoon is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
JadedDragoon

Old September 12th, 2018, 03:07 AM
After splitting off two threads (here and here) to resolve the two remaining problems... I have a working athletics skill. I've attached it in it's own user file below for reference.

Again, I'd like to say thank you again to everyone that has offered advice. Especially the legendary ShadowChemosh who has been ridiculously patient and helpful. Thank you.

I've also been completing other parts of the house rules that have not managed to stump me in parallel. And now have almost all my house rules implemented (i think). The big one, the one that's probably going to kick my ass for real, is what's left: Health and Healing. It's not so much a homebrew rule as a complete overhaul of how damage is handled though out 3.5 and Pathfinder. If anything is going to run face first into a brick wall of "Hero Lab doesn't support that" this will be it.

Sooo... sorry in advance when I come hat in hand to the forums with whatever that problem ends up being.
Attached Files
File Type: email Elderith - Athletics.user (8.6 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by JadedDragoon; September 12th, 2018 at 03:15 AM.
JadedDragoon is offline   #12 Reply With Quote