Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

charlieluce

Old February 15th, 2017, 06:38 PM
I customarily use the item tab rather than the in-play tab to remove used items/charges anyway. Then again, I'm the cranky person who thinks the way the in-play counters are set up (except for Hit Points and Hero Points) is backwards.

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old February 15th, 2017, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce View Post
Then again, I'm the cranky person who thinks the way the in-play counters are set up (except for Hit Points and Hero Points) is backwards.
If you mean you would prefer "counting down remaining" instead of "counting up used", then I am with you there.

But we work with what we have. When the subject was raised before, it seems hard to change because it goes to the core of how counters are coded in general for all games.

c'est la vie.
Silveras is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 16th, 2017, 02:45 AM
I would love a feature like this. As for the restock issue, I have created a vanity that allows me to audit my gear and see what I need to get. It even assesses total wand charges available, so restock isnt an issue for me.
Minous is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Jamz

Old February 16th, 2017, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
In Pathfinder, would a "Remove Used Gear?" checkbox on the Night's Rest button work?

So if that was checked when Night's Rest was clicked, anything that's set as "used up", like a stack of arrows or a stack of holy waters, or the charges in a wand, it would figure out how many charges/items had been used from that item, delete that number from the item's count/max charges, and reset the tracker so that none of the new, smaller stack are currently used up.

When you're handling the night's rest seems like a good time to do other bookkeeping things like this - if you haven't retrieved arrows from the battlefield by the time your character rests, it's pretty much too late to get them now, and it's probably been enough play time since the combat that mistakes like "oh, wait, I did throw a third alchemist's fire in that last round" have been caught.
I like this idea a lot! Especially for wands! Sometimes wands trade hands so it would be nice to transfer a wand via the gear menu with the current charges left.

I do see Shadow's point as well. I would prefer a checkbox vs adjustment (or at least the default being to 'remove from inventory' vs 'only remove from inventory if adjustment exists'.

If the checkbox proves to much space or as an alternate idea, how about a dialog box that pops up after clicking a night's rest? Bonus points if it listed all the items it was about to remove. Extra bonus points if each item had a checkbox. Even more bonus points if there was a check all/none option. And a premium bonus point if there was a "copy this list to clipboard" option!

I think the dialog satisfies all the requirements listed? Unless someone (I'm sure they are out there) hates pop-up dialog reminders, "gah! now I have to press TWO buttons?!" I suppose a checkbox option under configure hero to toggle this behavior on/off could be added?

-Jamz

RPTools.net | MapTool Discord Invite

Download Latest MapTool Release | Download Latest TokenTool Release
Jamz is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Valdacil

Old March 7th, 2017, 09:35 PM
This feature would also be great for things like arrows which are kinda a pain to track right now.
Valdacil is offline   #15 Reply With Quote