Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 21st, 2017, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Ok I'm helping a buddy reload Hero Lab and reload the 3.5 user content but we are running into a problem. I added the shadowsoftware in the updates and got the d20 Community Set(v1.19) in the updates but none of the books show up to be added to the configuration of the hero. I checked between my updates and his and he has all the same updates listed but I have the books available to set and he doesn't. Not sure what I missed.
Did you download v1.19 and install it? Are you getting ANY errors on d20 startup (if so HL has fallen into safe mode).

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #651 Reply With Quote
MToscan

Send a message via ICQ to MToscan Send a message via MSN to MToscan

Old January 21st, 2017, 03:12 PM
Does the set contain everything I need to run Age of Worms?
MToscan is offline   #652 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 21st, 2017, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorian View Post
Great.

One (probably not) last thing. I've been looking at the Divine Crusader, and I was thinking I could do something similar to the Pious Templar where it gets to choose a spell list, but instead of doing the Paladin or Blackguard lists, use the Domains.
Not sure if you (or anyone else) would have any hints towards queuing up the entirety of available Domain lists, but they'd be welcome.

And to add, is it possible to change a character's race using a feat that overrides it?
I think it's technically possible, but not advised. I'll have to look into it, but it might be better to set up an error that makes the player change the race manually.
Sendric is offline   #653 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 21st, 2017, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MToscan View Post
I haven't a clue. If there's anything unique to it then probably no. The community set is still improving though, so if there's something specific you'd like to see added, feel free to make a request.
Sendric is offline   #654 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old January 22nd, 2017, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MToscan View Post
No.
There are a few things which were added, feats and a certain dracolich is definitely in there.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

bodrin is offline   #655 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old January 22nd, 2017, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Did you download v1.19 and install it? Are you getting ANY errors on d20 startup (if so HL has fallen into safe mode).
Yes 1.19 is what I downloaded, installed and even reactivated the license. But yes I'm getting some duplication errors. Off the top if my head I can't remember from what book. I think arms and equipment.

On mine I get a couple duplication errors for one of the monster manuals since the last update but the books still show up.
Bloodwolf is offline   #656 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 22nd, 2017, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Yes 1.19 is what I downloaded, installed and even reactivated the license. But yes I'm getting some duplication errors. Off the top if my head I can't remember from what book. I think arms and equipment.

On mine I get a couple duplication errors for one of the monster manuals since the last update but the books still show up.
If HL gets any errors on STARTUP then it falls into safe mode and will not load the community stuff. If you get the errors when opening a .por file that is different. I am sort of guessing here based on the information provided.

When you see these errors RIGHT mouse click and select copy. Then paste into this thread so that Sendric can try and help figure out how to fix.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #657 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old January 23rd, 2017, 03:36 AM
Quote:

If you are getting errors from Arms and Equipment it means you haven't updated in a long time because that file was removed a couple years ago. Your best bet is to remove the current user content (be sure to save anything that is home-grown or otherwise not from the community set) and download the latest release again.
Sendric is offline   #658 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf

Old January 23rd, 2017, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
If you are getting errors from Arms and Equipment it means you haven't updated in a long time because that file was removed a couple years ago. Your best bet is to remove the current user content (be sure to save anything that is home-grown or otherwise not from the community set) and download the latest release again.
It must not be A&E then because the computer crashed and they had to completely re-install HL. Once I get some time to run back over there, probably Wed with my work schedule, I'll find out definitively and get back with you.
Bloodwolf is offline   #659 Reply With Quote
Monteparnas

Old January 26th, 2017, 05:49 AM
I'm needing the Lord of Tides PrCl from Sandstorm, but noticed that it is absent. Is there a reason, I'm not aware of? Some suggestion on how to emulate it until it is released?
Monteparnas is offline   #660 Reply With Quote