Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder

Notices

Annatar

Old January 19th, 2017, 04:19 PM
I’m working on a game system where various armies now get a bonus special rule if they don’t take any allies.

I’m having a hard time figuring out how to achieve this. I’ve tried a couple of things, but I haven’t found anything that works yet.

The special rules are presumably best implemented as options, so that's what I've done.

It’s easy to determine that a unit is an ally, using a tag template like [ally.?].

But I need to find a way to get that information to the units/options that are NOT allies. What the best way to do that?

I thought a good way would be to have a script (prelink) to check for [ally.?] and then set a global tag, but scripts can't set global tags, so that doesn't seem to work.
Annatar is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Kaput

Send a message via Skype™ to Kaput

Old January 26th, 2017, 05:27 AM
You can try with the prefix !
"!ally.?"
Kaput is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Annatar

Old February 10th, 2017, 05:48 AM
Thanks, but that's not really the issue. Like I said above, it's easy for any unit to find out if it's an ally (ally.?) or not an ally (!ally.?), but the challenge was to let a non-allied unit find out that there are other units in the roster that are in fact allies.

Here's how I ended up doing it. It feels a bit kludgy, but it works, so I'm keeping it for now.

Added a global linkset ("is_ally"), which has a Live condition (ally.?) and includes an option ("ally") which includes an autotag ("mixed_army"), which is a global tag, and therefore visible to even the non-allies.
Annatar is offline   #3 Reply With Quote