Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

chiefweasel

Old March 28th, 2012, 10:33 AM
It might depend on the armor you are wearing.

Web site - Cheese Weasel Logistics - www.cheeseweasel.net
Twitter - @CheeseWeaselGMZ
For user created content check out www.d20pfsrd.com and www.cheeseweasel.net
For video demos of Hero Lab go to http://www.youtube.com/user/TheChiefweasel?blend=9&ob=5
chiefweasel is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 28th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard451 View Post
Hello,

I made a 5th level Human Teori monk and I have a problem with the base move reported by Herolab. Herolab reports a 30 /20 move (I have light encumberance) when I believe it should be 30/ 40 since Teotori still retains the fast movement class perk. When I remove the Tetori archetype, my move goes to 30 /40. Is this a bug in Herolab or am I missing something?

Thanks.
You're correct about the fast movement feat at 3rd though what armor are you wearing?

Fast Movement (Ex) : At 3rd level, a monk gains an enhancement bonus to his land speed, as shown on Table: Monk. A monk in armor or carrying a medium or heavy load loses this extra speed.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community

Last edited by bodrin; March 28th, 2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Ninja'd
bodrin is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
richard451

Old March 28th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I'm wearing clothing and carrying 4lb of equipment. As soon as I remove the Tetori archetype the movement is normal. Add it back in, it goes down.
richard451 is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
betsuni@gmail.com

Old March 28th, 2012, 11:04 AM
What: Reach Weapons
Error: Does not adjust the reach value on the character

Steps:
1. Create a Human
2. Give that human a reach weapon and equip onto the character
3. Reach did not increase from 5' to 10'

---------------------------------------------------------

What: Weapons with the Trip Special Feature (and likely for Disarm and Sunder too)
Error: Equipping a trip weapon did not increase the CMB for the character making trip attacks

Steps:
1. Give the character the feat "Weapon Focus (guisarme)".
2. Give the character the feat "Improved Trip" to really illustrate the problem.
2. Give the character a +1 Guisarme
3. Equip the weapon.
4. The CMB for tripping does not increase by 4 (2 for Improved Trip, 1 for WF and 1 for the enhancement bonus on the weapon)

Reference: Paizo FAQ / Blog
http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9nvd
http://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lcom

Last edited by betsuni@gmail.com; March 29th, 2012 at 05:31 AM.
betsuni@gmail.com is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
betsuni@gmail.com

Old March 28th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Unimplemented Features:
1. Cross-blooded Sorcerer Archetype
2. Synthesist Summoner Archetype
betsuni@gmail.com is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 28th, 2012, 12:00 PM
I've been having an odd crash lately. I've E-mailed the report to support but I'm posting here so others can try my theory.

I think the number of user files that can be in a directory is limited to 123. I've attached two rar files to this post that contains my user files one with 123 and one with 124 files.

HL throws a wobbly and crashes on the 124 file directory but loads fine with the 123 user files.

Doing a CTRL+R reload generates a crash report as follows

Code:
HeroLab.exe has encountered an error and needs to close.

Please email a DESCRIPTION OF WHAT YOU WERE DOING, in as much detail as  possible, along with this message, to support@wolflair.com. PLEASE NOTE:  Unless you tell us what you were doing, we won't have enough  information to fix this problem!

Right click and choose "Copy to Clipboard" to copy these details, or you  can find them in this file:  C:\DOCUME~1\RDBRAD~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\lwderror5344.txt

D:\Hero Lab\HeroLab.exe
3.9b 285

major: 5, minor: 1, build: 2600, platform: 2, version: Service Pack 3, spmaj: 3, spmin: 0, suitemask: 00000100, type: 1
ACCESS VIOLATION
Address: 0x005d1de9
Type: bad read
Definitely not limited to 123 files. I created a new one in the editor and reloaded the program just fine do it's not that. But I still get the crash and error if I load all the original files I have.

Also this is for the Pathfinder datasets only, which is why it's in the PF bug thread and not the general discussion thread!

Dormio Forte Somnio

d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets

Last edited by bodrin; March 28th, 2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Clarification after experimentation!!
bodrin is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old March 28th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Sorry for the thread interrupt, but since my posted thread was combined into here I don't know how else to update things...

It seems that there are a couple of issues with the Adopted trait that outreaches the program, as in addition to having Racial Traits being caticorized into basic sections in the race books (essentially elemenating social racial traits from being used by Adopted), Rapscallion is in both the Advanced Player's Guide and in Gnomes of Glolarion (Combat/Gnome). This is more confusing as it is unclear if one overwrites the other. (Is it a Race Trait, or a Racial Combat Trait?)

Until Piazo can errata the Adopted trait (or replace it with something unbroken) I can't really expect the program to sort out the mess therein.
thaX is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old March 29th, 2012, 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaX View Post
**Snip**
Until Piazo can errata the Adopted trait (or replace it with something unbroken) I can't really expect the program to sort out the mess therein.
Following the accepted wisdom and practice the latest / newest printing of an existing rule overrides the oldest version!

Dormio Forte Somnio

d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets

bodrin is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Phyxion

Old March 29th, 2012, 09:54 AM
First off, I'm really liking Hero Lab so far, except for just a few minor problems for my current character (pal 2 / ora 1 / sor 13).

First, I can't select Calcific Touch for the Spell Perfection feat. It's on the known spells list. I know the Spell Perfection effects aren't implemented, but I'd like to have it actually show the correct spell name when I print the statblock.

Second, the Holy Avenger's SR doesn't show up anywhere that I could find. I have checked the primary hand box (it's wielded), and the character has paladin levels (the +5 shows properly) I was able to manually add a Spell Adjustment for it, but that's kind of a mess. Also, the Greater Dispel Magic ability doesn't appear to be added either.

Also, for a druid character, Badger isn't on the list of possible animal companion races. Just doublechecked and it's in the core book (pg 53).

Are these bugs, or just something I'm not doing properly?

3/30/12 ETA: The Pit-touched Sorcerer's Infernal Resistances ability correctly gives fire resist, but the description says it's electricity resist.

Last edited by Phyxion; March 30th, 2012 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Found yet another issue
Phyxion is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
thaX

Old March 29th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Following the accepted wisdom and practice the latest / newest printing of an existing rule overrides the oldest version!
Not really sure which is newest.

Doesn't matter, since the Adopted trait is still broken.
thaX is offline   #40 Reply With Quote